The Student Room Group

Any prospective fashion design students need help/advice? 5 years industry experience

Hi all

I am back on student room because I am planning on pursuing further university level study. I just thought I would see if anyone had any questions on the university application and interview process for fashion degrees.

Likewise if anyone has any queries on what it is like to work in fashion as a designer in the high street sector let me know. I use to work at Primark and Monsoon. I may be able to help with queries on the job market after graduating, salary expectations, day to day work and duties etc.

x
Reply 1
should i take a foundation course first instead of applying directly to uni? x
Original post by Elle.c
should i take a foundation course first instead of applying directly to uni? x

It is not essential to get onto the courses. A lot of my peers went straight from A Levels and managed fine with obtaining entry to the degree program and transitioning from FE to HE. I wish I had taken a year out more to really think carefully about the decision and obtain work experience. It turns out the fashion industry was not suited to my personality at all and and if I had had a year out to complete work experience and find this out I probably wouldn't have pursued the degree. I would recommend it if you can!

Quick Reply

Latest