rulin zang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi,i faced to choose my GCSEs and i also already made some choice (core subjects and 3 else)but there still have a problem around me, i want to choose chineses to be my last GCSEs but my school dont offer of exam for chineses, so do anybody know where should i go to study and take the exam? do i need to transfer to another school which have offer the chineses's test or i can take the chineses exam before my year 11(if it can be take before year 11 where should i go to do it?) I don't have time to learn a new language that is totally strange to me.so ....help TuT
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
See if any private centres do the exam.
rulin zang
Rep:
?
thanks mate! if i do the exam before year 11 do i still need choose 9 subject or i can just submit the result i get and focus on other 8 subject
Last edited by rulin zang; 6 months ago
og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by rulin zang)
hi,i faced to choose my GCSEs and i also already made some choice (core subjects and 3 else)but there still have a problem around me, i want to choose chineses to be my last GCSEs but my school dont offer of exam for chineses, so do anybody know where should i go to study and take the exam? do i need to transfer to another school which have offer the chineses's test or i can take the chineses exam before my year 11(if it can be take before year 11 where should i go to do it?) I don't have time to learn a new language that is totally strange to me.so ....help TuT
Hi, my story is kind of the same, i wanted to do punjabi GCSE but my school did not do it, I chose my subjects according to how many subjects my school wanted us to do, I did 10 subjects in school, and if you talk about punjabi then it had no link with my school, that was a subject which i would practise in the weekend, I took my GCSE Punjabi in Year 10 as a private candidate.

A lot of my friends went to this school for 2 hours on Sundays to learn GCSE Punjabi, but I did not need to do that as I already knew everything, one of my friend took his GCSE Punjabi in Year 9! In fact 3 of my friends did theirs in Year 9, as it is possible but the only downside to all this is that you have to pay for it!

I can remember how much I payed but I think it was around 60 pounds, If I talk about Chinese then I am 100 percent sure you can take the GCSE but you just have to do some research and contact a examboard on taking it as a GCSE as a private canditate

I highly recommend you contact AQA, if you do not know what AQA is then, it is a examboard which you take your GCSEs in.

Search up on google, AQA GCSE past papers then there is a option for a Chinese paper and you can check it out, if you are confident you know everything and like how AQA structure their questions, then I would advice you to try contact them for more information on how to do your GCSE but they may charge you.

If you want to learn more then go to a private centre which is obviously going to cost you a lot for tuition fees and I would not really recommend that, if you are really bad at Chinese then you will probably go to private centre.

Get an app called Duolingo and try searching for online Chinese websites and you can practise it in this way!

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask
rulin zang
Rep:
?
(Original post by og-icon)
Hi, my story is kind of the same, i wanted to do punjabi GCSE but my school did not do it, I chose my subjects according to how many subjects my school wanted us to do, I did 10 subjects in school, and if you talk about punjabi then it had no link with my school, that was a subject which i would practise in the weekend, I took my GCSE Punjabi in Year 10 as a private candidate.

A lot of my friends went to this school for 2 hours on Sundays to learn GCSE Punjabi, but I did not need to do that as I already knew everything, one of my friend took his GCSE Punjabi in Year 9! In fact 3 of my friends did theirs in Year 9, as it is possible but the only downside to all this is that you have to pay for it!

I can remember how much I payed but I think it was around 60 pounds, If I talk about Chinese then I am 100 percent sure you can take the GCSE but you just have to do some research and contact a examboard on taking it as a GCSE as a private canditate

I highly recommend you contact AQA, if you do not know what AQA is then, it is a examboard which you take your GCSEs in.

Search up on google, AQA GCSE past papers then there is a option for a Chinese paper and you can check it out, if you are confident you know everything and like how AQA structure their questions, then I would advice you to try contact them for more information on how to do your GCSE but they may charge you.

If you want to learn more then go to a private centre which is obviously going to cost you a lot for tuition fees and I would not really recommend that, if you are really bad at Chinese then you will probably go to private centre.

Get an app called Duolingo and try searching for online Chinese websites and you can practise it in this way!

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask
well, dude that actually very useful, thank you very much UwU
rulin zang
Rep:
?
(Original post by rulin zang)
well, dude that actually very useful, thank you very much UwU
ye i asked my teacher, got they can put my name up for the test, is that mean i can take the test in the school and without pay any money for be a private candidate? which one is better? private candidate or take it in school
and the second question i want to ask is do i need remind my school if i to be a private candidate to take the test, or i can just submit the result which i get when im year 11 and face GCSE.
finally very appreciate your help XX
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
13.64%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
5.19%
I need help with my personal statement (65)
42.21%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (37)
24.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.95%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (12)
7.79%

Watched Threads