The Student Room Group

How many countries have you been to throughout your life?

Scroll to see replies

UK
France
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Czech' Rep'
Austria
Hungary
Germany
Netherlands
Belgium
Norway
Iceland
Turkey
Greece
Tunisia
Morocco
Uganda
Tanzania
South Africa
Nepal
Thailand
New Zealand
St Kitts Nevis
US
Canada
=27

... but haven't been abroad in, what, 4 years? Prefer UK based holidays now.

Never been to Ireland somehow!
England
Wales
France
Spain
Belgium
Germany
Canada
US
UAE
Qatar
Morocco
Nigeria
The Netherlands
Oman
Original post by mnot
Ive not kept track, most of Europe, all of Western Europe, USA,Canada, a couple different North African countries, China.

I would love to visit every inhabited continent

how did u manage this
spain
france
ghana
south korea im from there lmao
sweden
italy
holland
belgium
america
UAE
Kenya
Uganda
France
Reply 25
3? ive only been to 1 and thats my home country lol

good to be broke xD
Original post by Aeulia
3? ive only been to 1 and thats my home country lol

good to be broke xD

You can travel for cheap :wink: 10 weeks in Nepal cost about £1100 and 4 weeks in Spain cost about £600 all in, including flights. How much is cost of living when just in the UK? If you'd said £100 I nearly broke even! :wink:

I actually made a marginal profit from my 7 weeks in Tanzania, though admittedly that was because of a uni grant.
In order:
UK(Live here)
Switzerland (however that was because the flight to Germany wasn't direct)
Germany
Nigeria
Original post by yeetouttawindow
how did u manage this

I've lived in UK & N America so getting to Europe & USA/Canada has not been hard, and growing up I was very fortunate to get to travel a lot.

In terms of North Africa & China I found opportunities designed for student UK engineers, for example I spent a couple weeks working on motor-sport engineering in China where they covered the flights/hotel/VISA costs etc. (TBH these are the extra opportunities students at UK unis can unearth but often are unaware of).
(edited 2 years ago)
Whilst I haven't travelled as much as some other people here, I have been fortunate enough to travel to:

France
Croatia
Italy
Germany
Spain
England (live here)
Wales
France
Iceland (school trip woo)
India

+ a few airports on transit :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
UK
France
Spain
Belgium
Germany
Cyprus
USA
Greece
at least 10
53 including the UK and airport stopovers.
Mostly Anglosphere and European countries.
i have a really long list

Spoiler

Uh...

Scotland, England and Wales...Adventurous I know :h: Hadn't been on a plane until I went to Uni (I fly back and forth as it's way cheaper and quicker) But my family saves money by not going on expensive holidays so we can live debt free and have a bit of money saved for when we go out into the real world, it's a fair trade-off
Original post by Max1989
Uh...

Scotland, England and Wales...Adventurous I know :h: Hadn't been on a plane until I went to Uni (I fly back and forth as it's way cheaper and quicker) But my family saves money by not going on expensive holidays so we can live debt free and have a bit of money saved for when we go out into the real world, it's a fair trade-off

Honestly I think that's quite nice! Of course it's lovely to travel when you're young and I feel like it's definitely widened my horizons a lot, at the same time I don't think I fully appreciated anywhere I went until I was at least 16. Getting to explore when you're older and when you can go on your own terms is something I've enjoyed much more than being a kid on family holidays haha
Reply 37
Original post by nexttime
UK
France
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Czech' Rep'
Austria
Hungary
Germany
Netherlands
Belgium
Norway
Iceland
Turkey
Greece
Tunisia
Morocco
Uganda
Tanzania
South Africa
Nepal
Thailand
New Zealand
St Kitts Nevis
US
Canada
=27

... but haven't been abroad in, what, 4 years? Prefer UK based holidays now.

Never been to Ireland somehow!

How did u mange to visit all thses?
Reply 38
Original post by londonmyst
53 including the UK and airport stopovers.
Mostly Anglosphere and European countries.

How did u manage to visit all these?
Original post by Amin7
How did u mange to visit all thses?

As above, most of it was during uni. If you are going to a less developed country and live frugally your living costs can be lower than living at home.

10 weeks in Nepal cost about £1100 and 4 weeks in Spain cost about £600 all in, including flights. What would you have spent in the UK during that time?

I actually made a marginal profit from my 7 weeks in Tanzania, due to getting grants from uni.

Quick Reply

Latest