The Student Room Group

ARFID

I hadn’t heard of arfid until recently but I think I may have it, I don’t want to self diagnose or anything but I’ve heard that it’s linked to ocd (which I was diagnosed with a while back) I’ve researched it and I have the symptoms. I don’t really want another mental illness to add to the list. Can anyone with arfid/know someone with arfid help? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I hadn’t heard of arfid until recently but I think I may have it, I don’t want to self diagnose or anything but I’ve heard that it’s linked to ocd (which I was diagnosed with a while back) I’ve researched it and I have the symptoms. I don’t really want another mental illness to add to the list. Can anyone with arfid/know someone with arfid help? Thanks.

Heya. I was diagnosed with ARFID last month, I can't really offer any practical help because I still know very little about it. I personally was relieved when I got told because it explains so much. If you think you might have it then ask your GP to refer you to the eating disorders team. Be prepared for your GP to not have heard of it - mine hadn't - it is still a very new diagnosis so it will take time for knowledge about it to filter down into all the health professions.

Was there anything specific you wanted to know/ask?

Quick Reply

Latest