historical/literary quotes Watch

This discussion is closed.
elephantjuice
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I started my law course in october, and to be honest hated it, which was unsuprising as i was more persuaded into studying law than choosing it for myself, as at the time i was having difficulty making a clear choice. The uni that i was at wouldnt allow me to change courses, so i decided to drop out and i am now reapplying for entry this september (not to my original university) for history and politics and straight history. i realise im cutting it EXTREMELY fine considering my form has to be in by the 15th, but i heard that its not a good idea to include literary/historical quotes in your personal statement - anyone know if theres any truth in this? also, any other advice for history personal statements? any advice is welcome as im sooooooo screwed!!
ta v much
residentangel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
only use a quote if you know everything about the quote and person as they may ask you about it on open days or interviews. It can help but a lot of people put quotes on personal statements so its not rare or new. Just make sure your beginning and end are strong enough to make the reader sit back and go "wow".
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (144)
45.57%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.43%