alevel mechanics

Watch this thread
sash_needs_help
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A block of weight 18 N rests in equilibrium on a rough horizontal plane under the action of a force of 9 N. Find the magnitude of the frictional force on the block given that the external force acts
(i) horizontally
(ii) vertically downwards
(iii)downwards at an angle of 60° to the horizontal.

please help
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sash_needs_help)
A block of weight 18 N rests in equilibrium on a rough horizontal plane under the action of a force of 9 N. Find the magnitude of the frictional force on the block given that the external force acts
(i) horizontally

please help
What are you stuck with?
username5416228
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(i) horizontally

please help
Is there a diagram given? If so, could you attach it
username4653922
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(i) horizontally

please help
I think it would also help if you had the number of marks each part of the question is worth
sash_needs_help
Rep:
(Original post by hannanj0)
Is there a diagram given? If so, could you attach it
there is no diagram. i think if i had one, the question would be a lot easier and i could solve the problem.
i don't understand where the 9N should go on the diagram
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
there is no diagram. i think if i had one, the question would be a lot easier and i could solve the problem.
i don't understand where the 9N should go on the diagram
It's different in each of the parts. Draw a diagram and write the forces for i) with it (9N force) horizontal.
username4653922
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I drew this for you so hopefully it helps! Someone please correct me if I've drawn anything wrong
Attached files
Last edited by username4653922; 1 year ago
sash_needs_help
Rep:
(Original post by DeninMathew)
I drew this for you so hopefully it helps! Someone please correct me if I've drawn anything wrong

EDIT: I forgot the Frictional force in part 2 and 3 so please add them to ur diagram
thank you so much!
this helps a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads