King's College London A100 2022 Entry

Watch this thread
keeno25
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by qwertymedic2021)
Hi. I'm not too sure myself but these sources might provide some more insight

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...&postcount=673 (**pasted below)
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1 (Q2 doesn't exactly answer your question though)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Original post by username3300916)
Hmmm ok from what I remember being told on this thread a while ago, kings score GCSEs the follow
40% weighting,
7A*s = 40
6A*s = 30
5A*s = 20
4A*s = 10
<4A*s = 0

SJT - 5% weighting
Band 1 - 5%, Band 2 - 2.5%

UCAT score - 45% weighting
I’m assuming it’s done via deciles with 9th decile scoring 45/45 and each decile dropping 5 points.
Kings could very well have their own decile scoring system which could be higher than the UCAT deciles (hull York has a system like that from what I remember)

Contextual data - 10%

(This is all rough estimates)

I assume you need 50%+ to be fine
as people have got in with a UCAT of 2400+ which would be around 4th decile so 20/45 and would probs have had solid GCSEs.
I’m also aware if you have no A*s at GCSES, based off previous years, you would need a 700+ to secure an interview. So that would imply to me that then those people with no A*s at GCSEs must’ve scored the full 50/50 in the UCAt to secure an interview.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have 87.5% (by adding the GCSE percentage and the UCAT percentage). This should be fine right? GANFYD ecolier
Last edited by keeno25; 11 months ago
eshanshakir
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Hey guys, do you think that 2920 B2 will be a good score to get an interview in Kings? I'm an international student with a predicted 42 IB (7 in HL Chemistry, 7 in HL Biology, 7 in HL Psychology, 7 in SL Math AA, 6 in Spanish B, 6 in English L&L).

Since I'm international, i haven't taken GCSE's. Would this hinder my chances at an offer for an interview?
Last edited by eshanshakir; 11 months ago
Smatthew
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by eshanshakir)
Hey guys, do you think that 2920 B2 will be a good score to get an interview in Kings? I'm an international student with a predicted 42 IB (7 in HL Chemistry, 7 in HL Biology, 7 in HL Psychology, 7 in SL Math AA, 6 in Spanish B, 6 in English L&L).

Since I'm international, i haven't taken GCSE's. Would this hinder my chances at an offer for an interview?
I was 2940 B2, International didn’t receive interview offer. My grade 10th CBSE Indian score was 97% over all. Including Extracurricular like sports, MUN awards , caring experience etc. Their admission process is not transparent compared to other UK Medical Schools which has clear guidelines. KCL evaluates holistic ( not sure what they mean holistic).
Smatthew
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
In

(Original post by Smatthew)
I was 2940 B2, International didn’t receive interview offer. My grade 10th CBSE Indian score was 97% over all. Including Extracurricular like sports, MUN awards , caring experience etc. Their admission process is not transparent compared to other UK Medical Schools which has clear guidelines. KCL evaluates holistic ( not sure what they mean holistic).
My 12th grade predicted score was 94%, acheived 95.6%. I would recommend if you are 95 percentile or above then apply for KCL, you may get an interview offer.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by eshanshakir)

Presumably you are not applying for 2021 - would you like a 2022 thread to be created?
You need to email KCL to ask how you will be conisidered without GCSEs or look on their website.
banana_trooper
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Does anyone know if kings offer contextual grades and what they would be?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by banana_trooper)
Does anyone know if kings offer contextual grades and what they would be?
Kings have a contextual course, the EMDP
32jeerkah
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
So I'm planning on applying to A100 2022 entry at KCL and wanted to know if this choice is suitable (especially with regards to the Ucat)
For my GCSEs I obtained:
9 bio
9 chem
9 physics
9 maths
9 English lang
9 English lit
9 geography
9 history
7 French
For my A levels, I'm predicted 3A*'s in Biology Chemistry and mathematics
I finished an EPQ obtaining an A*.
I am due to sit the UCAT in a week and I am expecting a score above 2800 at band 1 or 2
I also have plenty of relevant work experience
dinomedic
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 32jeerkah)
So I'm planning on applying to A100 2022 entry at KCL and wanted to know if this choice is suitable (especially with regards to the Ucat)
For my GCSEs I obtained:
9 bio
9 chem
9 physics
9 maths
9 English lang
9 English lit
9 geography
9 history
7 French
For my A levels, I'm predicted 3A*'s in Biology Chemistry and mathematics
I finished an EPQ obtaining an A*.
I am due to sit the UCAT in a week and I am expecting a score above 2800 at band 1 or 2
I also have plenty of relevant work experience
its hard to give proper advice with a theoretical ucat score, i would say wait until you have your actual score
Sweet122
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
GCSES-six 9s, two 8s and one 6
Alevels-A*A*A(achieved)
Ucat-2680,band3(really disappointed)
What are my realistic chances of getting into KCL ?
Last edited by Sweet122; 11 months ago
ldv2022
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by qwertymedic2021)
Hi. I'm not too sure myself but these sources might provide some more insight

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...&postcount=673 (**pasted below)
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1 (Q2 doesn't exactly answer your question though)
(Original post by username3300916)
Hmmm ok from what I remember being told on this thread a while ago, kings score GCSEs the follow
40% weighting,
7A*s = 40
6A*s = 30
5A*s = 20
4A*s = 10
<4A*s = 0

SJT - 5% weighting
Band 1 - 5%, Band 2 - 2.5%

UCAT score - 45% weighting
I’m assuming it’s done via deciles with 9th decile scoring 45/45 and each decile dropping 5 points.
Kings could very well have their own decile scoring system which could be higher than the UCAT deciles (hull York has a system like that from what I remember)

Contextual data - 10%

(This is all rough estimates)

I assume you need 50%+ to be fine
as people have got in with a UCAT of 2400+ which would be around 4th decile so 20/45 and would probs have had solid GCSEs.
I’m also aware if you have no A*s at GCSES, based off previous years, you would need a 700+ to secure an interview. So that would imply to me that then those people with no A*s at GCSEs must’ve scored the full 50/50 in the UCAt to secure an interview.
Hi - using last years scoring I score 85% - I’m not WP/contextual and unfortunately got Band 3. However UCAT score v high and have all A* at GCSE. Given GCSE grades are higher with CAGS would I be likely to make it to interview or is it too risky this year?
A.Lal1912
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by dinomedic)
its hard to give proper advice with a theoretical ucat score, i would say wait until you have your actual score
GCSEs: 9999888888
A level predicted : A*A*A*
UCAT 2800 band 2
Relevant work experience and extracurriculars, do you think I have a chance at getting an interview?
SNA5R18
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by A.Lal1912)
GCSEs: 9999888888
A level predicted : A*A*A*
UCAT 2800 band 2
Relevant work experience and extracurriculars, do you think I have a chance at getting an interview?
If it was last year you’d just about get an interview in the last batch.
ldv2022
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SNA5R18)
If it was last year you’d just about get an interview in the last batch.
Do you know what the minimum score was for last year? I understand they score 40% GCSEs (max 8xA*) and 50% from UCAT (of which 10% is for SJT - Band 1: 10%, Band 2: 5%). + WP allowances.
dinomedic
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ldv2022)
Do you know what the minimum score was for last year? I understand they score 40% GCSEs (max 8xA*) and 50% from UCAT (of which 10% is for SJT - Band 1: 10%, Band 2: 5%). + WP allowances.
sjt is 5%- band 1: 5, band 2: 2.5
SNA5R18
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ldv2022)
Unfortunately I’m reapplying this year, but I had an interview during my exams, and I believe it was one of the last interviews they offered, I had 10 9s and 8s and 2790 b3. So I think that 2800 and 2790 may be within same score, but might have just a bit extra with the band 2. However, you never know with the boundaries, could go up or down. Hope for the best!
username3588744
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I was an offer holder in 2021 cycle but I missed my grades by getting BBC (long story) so I’m resitting my a levels June 2022. I got 690 B2 last year and I’m redoing ucat in a few weeks.

let’s see what happens I guess
keeno25
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by bubblybabbler)
I was an offer holder in 2021 cycle but I missed my grades by getting BBC (long story) so I’m resitting my a levels June 2022. I got 690 B2 last year and I’m redoing ucat in a few weeks.

let’s see what happens I guess
Were your gcses all A*s?
username5366170
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hoping to apply this year, my stats hopefully will be good enough. Does anyone know if interviews will be online?
N3mo.Cl0wn
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi guys,
Just did my ucat today and idk if its enough for King's

GCSEs - nine 9s and one 8, plus distinction in further maths (WJEC)
A-Levels - pred A* A* A
UCAT - 2810 band 2
Done 6 months virtual work experience
Last edited by N3mo.Cl0wn; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads