King's College London A100 2022 Entry

Watch this thread
keeno25
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
And are you certain they weren't contextual and that batches were done in descending order and not randomly?
contextual i am not sure about, but reading last years thread it did seem like those with higher ranked ucats were called first
username5366170
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Even King's don't know that yet, as it is based on the scores of the people who apply
Makes sense, thank you!
jaffar ahamed
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
My son is considering to apply for KCLHis GCSE are as followsMaths 9Chem 9Phy 9History 9Biology 8Economics 8German 7Eng Language 7Drama 7Eng literature 6A level predictionsChem A*Economics A*Maths A Biology AUCAT ScoreVR 710DM 740AB 740 QR 700SJT Band 3Total score 2890I am grateful to GANFYD as already advised that Southampton,liverpool,SGUL will be fine I would be grateful to GANFYD is it risky to apply for KCL as he does not have contextual points.Thank you so muchJaffar
32jeerkah
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ldv2022)
Hi - home student, scored 3000 B3 and am interested in applying to Kings (KCL) I have full points for GCSES (all A* or 8). Based on KCL scoring system (if same as last year) this totals 130pts (I've no points for SJT and none for WP).
Others have said they got an interview last year with 2790 B3 & full points for GCSEs, and think they were part of the last batch invited to interview, which I calculated as roughly 120pts as it would've been 8th decile.
I know the cut-off may not be 120pts this year but with a 10point cushion (as I have 130pts) do you think this will be enough?
I would be very careful considering you got a band 3
ldv2022
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 32jeerkah)
I would be very careful considering you got a band 3
Why?
wagwan12
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey,
I got seven 9/8s, two 7s and a 6 at GCSEs ( 7 a stars )
AS: 4 As (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths)
Predicted: A*A*A (Biology, Chemistry,Maths)
Ucat: 2940 Band 2

What are my chances? I know I lost a few points because of my GCSEs but surely my UCAT will compensate? Thanks
keeno25
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by wagwan12)
Hey,
I got seven 9/8s, two 7s and a 6 at GCSEs ( 7 a stars )
AS: 4 As (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths)
Predicted: A*A*A (Biology, Chemistry,Maths)
Ucat: 2940 Band 2

What are my chances? I know I lost a few points because of my GCSEs but surely my UCAT will compensate? Thanks
yh you should be fine as your ucat was 90th decile + last year
wagwan12
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by keeno25)
yh you should be fine as your ucat was 90th decile + last year
calmmmm ty
Drew141004
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
hey guys i have 6 8/9s 3 7s and 1 6 in my GCSEs
Predicted 2 A*s 2 As but trying to make that 3 A*s 1 A. (Fingers crossed)
UCAT Score: 2890 B3

Am i likely to get an interview from Kings? I have heard of their application scoring process and think i get around 110 points out of 150.
user987654123
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey, I'm interested in King's and I'm wondering if my stats are good enough to get an interview:
GCSEs: 999999888
A-level predicted: A*A*A*
UCAT: 2880 Band 1
I go to a state school but my polar quntile is 5 so I don't think I'm contextual?? I'm not 100% sure
Last edited by user987654123; 11 months ago
thatguysjokes123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Does anyone know roughly what the cut off was last year in that 150 point system they used?
Last edited by thatguysjokes123; 11 months ago
keeno25
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by thatguysjokes123)
Does anyone know roughly what the cut off was last year in that 150 point system they used?
120 apparently
user987654123
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
120 apparently
Wow really? In 2020, the lowest score invited to interview was 47.4
keeno25
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by user987654123)
Wow really? In 2020, the lowest score invited to interview was 47.4
most likely contextual
32jeerkah
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by thatguysjokes123)
GCSEs and grade/subject breakdown

Maths-9
English Lit-9
English Lang-9
Chemistry-9
Biology-9
Physics-9
Economics-9
Computer Science-9
Geography-9
French-9
Additional Maths (FSMQ)- A

A levels, subjects and predictions
Predictions-
Maths A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Further Maths A*

UCAT and breakdown of subsections
VR 600
DM 760
QR 870
AR 800
Total - 3030
SJT band 3
Brief mention of work experience
Volunteered at a charity shop 2 months.
BSMS + Observe GP.

Not contextual nor do I have any WP flags

Hi and thanks for taking your time to read this. Would I have made the interview cut-off last year, also is it too risky or should I apply to KCL this year?
I think anyone with a band 3 would be taking a big risk considering how ucat heavy kings is
user987654123
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
most likely contextual
Hey I have a question. If my polar quintile is 5 does that mean my GCSE scores get halved?

This is what they said in their FOI for reference:

"GCSE points were awarded according to the number of A*s achieved at GCSE (subject is not considered). Less than 5 scored 0, 5 scored 10, 6 scored 20, 7 scored 30, 8+ scored 40. Scores were adjusted according relevant to the quintile GCSE attainment of the school. If the school performance was one of the lowest two quintiles then we also counted A grades achieved at GCSE towards the A* count mentioned above. For schools in the 3rd quintile, each A grade is considered equivalent to 0.5 of an A*. For schools in the top two quintiles, no adjustment is made."
MidnightStudio
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hiya! I saw that this was a forum for the Med 2022 entry for Kings and I was wondering if there was anyone that could give me an idea of if I had a chance of getting in if I applied this year?
My GCSEs: 4 8s, 3 7s, 2 6s and 1 5
A Level Predicted: Maths (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A*) and EPQ (A*/A)
UCAT: 2460 score and Band 2
I know the score is low, I'm disappointed in myself for it but I wanted to know if I still had a chance. I'm also aware that I'm probably lower on competitive scales but I was wondering about my chances if I did choose to apply - would I at least get called in for an interview?
(To Note; I come into Polar Quintile 3 but I don't think I come in high for rankings in the Extended Med course or contexuals)

Thank you!!
Last edited by MidnightStudio; 11 months ago
ShadowHokage
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by MidnightStudio)
Hiya! I saw that this was a forum for the Med 2022 entry for Kings and I was wondering if there was anyone that could give me an idea of if I had a chance of getting in if I applied this year?
My GCSEs: 4 8s, 3 7s, 2 6s and 1 5
A Level Predicted: Maths (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A*) and EPQ (A*/A)
UCAT: 2460 score and Band 2
I know the score is low, I'm disappointed in myself for it but I wanted to know if I still had a chance. I'm also aware that I'm probably lower on competitive scales but I was wondering about my chances if I did choose to apply - would I at least get called in for an interview?
(To Note; I come into Polar Quintile 3 but I don't think I come in high for rankings in the Extended Med course or contexuals)

Thank you!!
If you really want to go then go for it. Last night I saw this TikTok where someone got into Kings last year with a UCAT score of 2400. But he said that he made sure that his personal statement was strong and he did a quite bit of volunteering & work experience. I will admit it’s risky but if you don’t want to have the regret of not applying I guess do it.
MidnightStudio
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ShadowHokage)
If you really want to go then go for it. Last night I saw this TikTok where someone got into Kings last year with a UCAT score of 2400. But he said that he made sure that his personal statement was strong and he did a quite bit of volunteering & work experience. I will admit it’s risky but if you don’t want to have the regret of not applying I guess do it.
Alrighty! Thank you so much!!
thatguysjokes123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 32jeerkah)
I think anyone with a band 3 would be taking a big risk considering how ucat heavy kings is
I found out recently that for a home non contextual applicant you can score a maximum of 150, SJT is worth 10 of those 150 points so about 6.66% of the application is SJT, whereas 100 points was given to the UCAT score itself. Assuming they keep a similar system I'll probably still take a shot cause I'm hearing 130-135 points was probably safe last year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads