ethereala
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

I’ve sat my UCAT today and scored 2410 band 2. My achieved a level grades are A*A*A - do I stand a chance in applying for the EMDP? I meet the eligibility criteria, my ucat is terrible though
Stoic15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, I’m wondering if I stand a good chance of interview. I come from a below average state college and secondary school. Low household income, ucat bursary and poor area progression to higher education. My stats are GCSE’s meets criteria, 6 A levels all achieved at A*’s and a ucat of 2370 B2, bad stomach ache during the exam. I’m currently on a gap year, any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Stoic15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also if one of your GCSEs for instance EL is lower than a 6 do you think you can still apply?
Hammad.A
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I’m looking to apply to the extended medicine programme at KCL.

My stats are:

GCSEs: all 6’s and one 7

Ucat: 2470 band 2

A levels: AAB

I’m currently in a gap year and I’m trying to find which unis would be the best to apply to, but I’m really confused.

I really wanna apply to kings but do you think I stand a good chance?
Hammad.A
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
Hey. These are the only *non-academic* eligibility criteria you need to fulfil. The rest is just GCSE grade 6 or above in Maths & English Lang, UCAT and A-Level requirements which I'm sure you already know about.
Just found this thread, and found all of your advice really helpful
Stoic15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stoic15)
Also if one of your GCSEs for instance EL is lower than a 6 do you think you can still apply?
Any advice? I’ll be applying with mitigating circumstances. I also meet the special consideration criteria.
Last edited by Stoic15; 3 weeks ago
chillipeppa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hammad.A)
Hi,

My stats are:

I’m currently in a gap year and I’m trying to find which unis would be the best to apply to, but I’m really confused.

my stats are pretty simmilar let me know if you find out if we have a chance
Hammad.A
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chillipeppa)
Will do
YoungEmrys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just found this thread, and found all of your advice really helpful
Glad it helped
YoungEmrys
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

My stats are:

(Original post by chillipeppa)
I'd say you have a solid chance- you meet all of the minimum eligibility criteria and already have the grades, which is a plus. For the UCAT they're looking for. score of 600+ so you're good in that department. They look at your application holistically so they'll take everything into account, Ps, references, the whole lot
YoungEmrys
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stoic15)
Any advice? I’ll be applying with mitigating circumstances. I also meet the special consideration criteria.
grade 6 in English Lang + Maths is the minimum criteria to be eligible. You can contact admissions and ask them about your specific case but you do need at least a B/6.
Stoic15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the reply, i called them this morning and they said that they would consider my mitigating circumstances. Since my A levels are all A*’s, and since i meet the special consideration criteria.
Hammad.A
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd say you have a solid chance- you meet all of the minimum eligibility criteria and already have the grades, which is a plus. For the UCAT they're looking for. score of 600+ so you're good in that department. They look at your application holistically so they'll take everything into account, Ps, references, the whole lot
Thanks this really helps, I think I will go for it
Rosiemaexx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! Thanks for your advice in this thread I was wondering how you know what ucat score they’re looking for? Have they released it somewhere or just something you’ve observed from student room threads? Many Thanks
YoungEmrys
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rosiemaexx)
Hey! Thanks for your advice in this thread I was wondering how you know what ucat score they’re looking for? Have they released it somewhere or just something you’ve observed from student room threads? Many Thanks
You're welcome . I was part of a WP program last year with them and they told me when I called up one results day
ciiaaraa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by saranghoe)
Thanks!!! I am looking to apply to the EMDP my stats are
GCSES --> 8 Grade 9s and 1 Grade 8
UCAT - 2420 B2 (very low )
Hbu? I hope your UCAT goes well, all the best!!!
Hi I've got very similar stats too , do you think you'll still apply for the EMDP? I'm still unsure
N70
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know the 'Point of entry' for applying for the EMDP on UCAS? Is it 'foundation year' or '1st year'?
asdasdihpi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Would SJT band 3 put me in a disadvantaged position
stats:
A-Levels: AAB
GCSEs:877777665
UCAT: 2550 Band 3
saranghoe
Badges: 9
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ciiaaraa)
Hi I've got very similar stats too , do you think you'll still apply for the EMDP? I'm still unsure
yupppp i am applying
YoungEmrys
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by N70)
Does anyone know the 'Point of entry' for applying for the EMDP on UCAS? Is it 'foundation year' or '1st year'?
1st year! It isn't a foundation program.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.35%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.79%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.25%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.81%

Watched Threads