anxious mama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
1st year! It isn't a foundation program.
Hi,

Sorry, are you sure, as I thought we joint first year in yr 2 so in theory emdp is a foundation course isn't it?
YoungEmrys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anxious mama)
Hi,

Sorry, are you sure, as I thought we joint first year in yr 2 so in theory emdp is a foundation course isn't it?
Hey, yep I'm sure. The first year is just split over 2 years but we do go straight into the standard course- no foundation program. I applied last year and we had to put 1st year!
saulgoodman246
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Stoic15)
Hi guys, I’m wondering if I stand a good chance of interview. I come from a below average state college and secondary school. Low household income, ucat bursary and poor area progression to higher education. My stats are GCSE’s meets criteria, 6 A levels all achieved at A*’s and a ucat of 2370 B2, bad stomach ache during the exam. I’m currently on a gap year, any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
6 A levels at A*? Not sure if you're telling the truth but if so then why not do the BMAT or apply to QMUL/Barts which put a 50-50 weighting on UCAT score and A level grades.
Stoic15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by saulgoodman246)
6 A levels at A*? Not sure if you're telling the truth but if so then why not do the BMAT or apply to QMUL/Barts which put a 50-50 weighting on UCAT score and A level grades.
I chose not to do the BMAT. I’m applying with mitigating circumstances for my GCSEs that’s all. Options are; Southampton BM6, Plymouth, Exeter (contextual) and KCL EDMP
Stoic15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay I’ll research into QMUL and Barts tonight, thank you. + I really am passionate about KCL EDMP everything about the course is perfect for me, in particular the longer degree time and the slower transition. As I am already nervous to move to another city,
Last edited by Stoic15; 2 weeks ago
m_bibi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay I’ll research into QMUL and Barts tonight, thank you. + I really am passionate about KCL EDMP everything about the course is perfect for me, in particular the longer degree time and the slower transition. As I am already nervous to move to another city,
Same I actually feel the same about emdp and the bm6 courses. They're both my choices...even though I've not done as great as others in the ucat...I still applied anyways and decided to give it a shot! Sk hopefully it goes well. Dont let others put you down and do what you feel happy and confident in doing. All the best to you!
Stoic15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by m_bibi)
Same I actually feel the same about emdp and the bm6 courses. They're both my choices...even though I've not done as great as others in the ucat...I still applied anyways and decided to give it a shot! Sk hopefully it goes well. Dont let others put you down and do what you feel happy and confident in doing. All the best to you!
Thank you, that’s nice to read…All the best to you is well
anxious mama
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
Hey, yep I'm sure. The first year is just split over 2 years but we do go straight into the standard course- no foundation program. I applied last year and we had to put 1st year!
Thank u, good luck
candy6830
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
does this course look at ucat? people on this thread are saying different things and on the entry requirements of the website it says that they dont?
m_bibi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by candy6830)
does this course look at ucat? people on this thread are saying different things and on the entry requirements of the website it says that they dont?
Same that's what i thought..I guess they don't put that much weight on the ucat as they do on PS and academics.
anon123456789!
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does kings emdp accept people with lower ucat scores than the standard entry course?
m_bibi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How will they know if we are contextual?
Stoic15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How will they know if we are contextual?
They can check from your UCAS details that will show your secondary school, sixth form/college and your postcode.
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by candy6830)
Not sure where you got the information as It states the following on the website:
- You must have sat the UCAT prior to submitting your application.
‘When considering applicants which will be shortlisted for interview we consider the following; GCSE (or equivalent performance), predicted or achieved A-level grades (or equivalent), the personal statement, the reference and the score in the UCAT. These contribute to the shortlisting of applicants, and we do assess for this programme holistically, taking in to account all these factors and your performance in the context of your educational background. Examination results and the UCAT score are perhaps the most important factors when considering applications. These are highlighted as they provide us with the fairest and most consistent method of assessing applicants.’

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...programme-mbbs
Last edited by studentLuna; 2 weeks ago
Sacdi M
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
Not sure where you got the information as It states the following on the website:
- You must have sat the UCAT prior to submitting your application.
‘When considering applicants which will be shortlisted for interview we consider the following; GCSE (or equivalent performance), predicted or achieved A-level grades (or equivalent), the personal statement, the reference and the score in the UCAT. These contribute to the shortlisting of applicants, and we do assess for this programme holistically, taking in to account all these factors and your performance in the context of your educational background. Examination results and the UCAT score are perhaps the most important factors when considering applications. These are highlighted as they provide us with the fairest and most consistent method of assessing applicants.’

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...programme-mbbs
Ucat counts for 50% of the pre interview scoring, 10% for widening participation and 40% for GCSE's
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sacdi M)
Ucat counts for 50% of the pre interview scoring, 10% for widening participation and 40% for GCSE's
Yes. Thank you.
khakigreen20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How do you fill out the migitating circumstances because I emailed them and they sent me a link but I dont think it works?????
Yasseen14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone,
Good luck to all those applying this year..
I have yet to sit my UCAT in the next 2 weeks...anyone know how much weighting the UCAT is given- I feel like it's the one thing that might let me down. Also, for those who've done their UCAT and are thinking of applying for EMDP..what are you're UCAT and GCSE stats, if you don't mind me asking. Any help would be appreciated!!
hi im looking to apply also this year! my stats are GCSEs: 3 9s, 3 8s, 1 A (Cida ICT), 2 6s, UCAT: 2840 B2
Last edited by Yasseen14; 2 weeks ago
Diep.io
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Yasseen14)
hi im looking to apply also this year! my stats are GCSEs: 3 9s, 3 8s, 1 A (Cida ICT), 2 6s, UCAT: 2840 B2
Mate, you have a pretty good chance at applying the normal A100 Medicine, as EMDP is more competitive. What's your A Levels?
m_bibi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They can check from your UCAS details that will show your secondary school, sixth form/college and your postcode.
Oh ok. Thanks so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.35%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.79%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.25%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.81%

Watched Threads