What are chances of getting interview in

UCAT 2740, Band 2
VR 630
DM 640
QR 730
AR 740

Predicted A levels AAA

EPQ - B

GCSE - GCSE - Eng 6, Eng Lit 8, MAths 8, Bio 8, Phy 9, Chem 8,Geo 7, Hist 7, German 9 , French 9

Work Exp - 2 online courses, Few weeks of Covid vaccination centre, Thames Hospice few weeks

Home student, no WP
binti_Lamees
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys is it too risky for me to apply?
UCAT 2660 B2
GCSES 7A* 2A
predicted A levels A* (english lit) A (bio) A (chem)
mo_wsln03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
Though interim scores haven't been released yet and I know it's difficult to predict trends, could we expect a similar increase of UCAT cut offs? I was looking at SGUL and their UCAT cut off increased massively from 2020 entry to 2021 entry and though I might want to apply, I fear that my score of 2730 will make it risky
same here got the same ucat but still thinking I might not make the cutoff. from 19-20 ucat cutoff increased by 10 while the next year it increased by 22.5 to 655. As long as it doesn't increase by 27.5 which I think is unlikely we should be fine
snoopy_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I am an international applicant planning to apply to SGUL with a UCAT score of 2870 B2.
However, I have only scored 510 in the VR section and I read that the university does not interview those with less than 500 in any section, so I wanted to know if my VR score would prove to be a disadvantage when ranking the applicants.
Adamaiiqbal
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi,

I am wondering what the opinion of my chances are:

ucat: 2630, band3
vr 650
dm 670
qr 700
ar 610
gcse: 10 8/9s
predicted A*AA

I know last year's cutoff was 2620, but I'm not really sure about my options for this year now...

thanks.
Last edited by Adamaiiqbal; 2 weeks ago
Supergirl1659
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, I need a bit of help. I am considering applying to St Georges, however my UCAT score is 2570 B1, which is at the top of the 6th decile. I am a gap year applicant with achieved grades of 4A* in Bio, chem, maths and art in AUG 2021 ( i think this equates to 224 tariff points). I am not sure if it is worth the risk of applying as I have heard that they don't really consider achieved grades as much. I am aware my UCAT score is unfortunately below last years cut off, but do you think they may lower it this year since the average was lower? Does anyone know any information that could help me out, maybe even recommend any other universities. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Supergirl1659)
Hi guys, I need a bit of help. I am considering applying to St Georges, however my UCAT score is 2570 B1, which is at the top of the 6th decile. I am a gap year applicant with achieved grades of 4A* in Bio, chem, maths and art in AUG 2021 ( i think this equates to 224 tariff points). I am not sure if it is worth the risk of applying as I have heard that they don't really consider achieved grades as much. I am aware my UCAT score is unfortunately below last years cut off, but do you think they may lower it this year since the average was lower? Does anyone know any information that could help me out, maybe even recommend any other universities. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
The average was 2511 last year, and 34,153 people sat the UCAT, so 17,076 scored better than this.
This year, 2511 is 54th percentile and 37,230 people sat the UCAT, so 17,125 people scored better than this.
Why would cut offs come down?

Have a look at The Table
Name:  Strategic choices 6 Oct.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  195.9 KB
Supergirl1659
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
The average was 2511 last year, and 34,153 people sat the UCAT, so 17,076 scored better than this.
This year, 2511 is 54th percentile and 37,230 people sat the UCAT, so 17,125 people scored better than this.
Why would cut offs come down?

Have a look at The Table
Name:  Strategic choices 6 Oct.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  195.9 KB
thank you, the table is very useful
MedMom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How many seats are for Undergraduate Home students in SGU . How many do they invite for Interview?
수박수지_Emma
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hiya does anyone know how SGUL are doing their interviews this year? I know last year they did it online and I think most unis are probs still going online this year but just making sure because I do know that some are still trying to do in-person interviews
micholate9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Their website says the following:

For the 2021 admissions cycle, we will be inviting our applicants to partake in remote MMIs (RMMIs)

So I'm assuming interviews will be online!
수박수지_Emma
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by micholate9)

For the 2021 admissions cycle, we will be inviting our applicants to partake in remote MMIs (RMMIs)

Thanks! I did read that but I thought that the 2021 admissions cycle was for the people going this September right? And I couldn’t find anything about the 2022 admissions yet.
Ohhhh wait does 2021 admissions mean 2022 entry but apply in 2021?
Last edited by 수박수지_Emma; 2 weeks ago
micholate9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 수박수지_Emma)
Thanks! I did read that but I thought that the 2021 admissions cycle was for the people going this September right? And I couldn’t find anything about the 2022 admissions yet.
Ohhhh wait does 2021 admissions mean 2022 entry but apply in 2021?
Yes, 2021 cycle refers to applications for 2022 entry applying in 2021! Confusing isnt it?!

Have you submitted your application yet?
MedMom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For SGUL - Final offer would be based only on interview performance or combination of UCAT and interview score ?
candy6830
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hiya i recieved 490 in one section of the ucat, and on sgul's entry requirements it mentions a minimum of 500 in each section. is it risky applying, will i be rejected without consideration? btw all my other sections are above 500.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by candy6830)
hiya i recieved 490 in one section of the ucat, and on sgul's entry requirements it mentions a minimum of 500 in each section. is it risky applying, will i be rejected without consideration? btw all my other sections are above 500.
It says they want a minimum of 500 in each section. You do not have a minimum of 500 in each section, so will be rejected
applecyder
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by micholate9)

Hi, could you please link the source? I'd like to try and see whether international students will do interviews online

Thanks!
micholate9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by applecyder)
Hi, could you please link the source? I'd like to try and see whether international students will do interviews online

Thanks!
Sure, here is:
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergr.../interview-hub
spriag123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"For non-graduate applicants, with the exception of GCSEs, all qualifications must have been completed within the previous five years, including the year of application."

A rather stupid question but as a graduate applicant on the A100 course I can ignore this right? My degree was completed in 2014.
Last edited by spriag123; 2 weeks ago
micholate9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by spriag123)
"For non-graduate applicants, with the exception of GCSEs, all qualifications must have been completed within the previous five years, including the year of application."

A rather stupid question but as a graduate applicant on the A100 course I can ignore this right? My degree was completed in 2014.
Yes you should be okay as a graduate applicant to A100. I graduated in 2014 as well!
Good luck with your application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (313)
57.54%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.97%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (61)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (47)
8.64%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.86%

Watched Threads