freemango
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by spriag123)
"For non-graduate applicants, with the exception of GCSEs, all qualifications must have been completed within the previous five years, including the year of application."

A rather stupid question but as a graduate applicant on the A100 course I can ignore this right? My degree was completed in 2014.
Yes, completely fine, they removed that requirement for grads for 2021 entry. Lucky for me as I’m a very mature candidate, graduated many years before you and I start at SGUL next year.
applecyder
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thanks a bunch! 2021 admissions cycle means 2022 entry, right?
micholate9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think so!
Supergirl1659
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by freemango)
Should hopefully get an interview, cutoff was 2620 for school leavers this year (I believe but not certain that they need over 500 in each section but just check that they don’t ask for above the mean in VR like some other unis and keep an eye on the results as they come out).
Hi, do you know which unis require above the mean in VR? Thank you in advance!
freemango
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Supergirl1659)
Hi, do you know which unis require above the mean in VR? Thank you in advance!
I’m only aware of Warwick but there may be others, any ideas GANFYD?
binti_Lamees
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Seeing as how the midrange ucat unis may have a steep rise this year do you think its still worth applying with
UCAT 2660 B2
GCSES 7A* 2A
Predicted A*AA
teebslmao
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey, my stats are:

GCSEs: 8777766666 (8 in maths and 6 in English)
UCAT: 2680 B1
VR: 510 (we don't talk about it haha)
DM: 660
QR: 740
AR: 770

Predicted A levels: A* A* A* (Bio, Chem and Maths)

Would this be okay for SGUL? I know that my UCAT is probably going to be close to the cut off but I have 3 safe options and so may put SGUL as my aspirational university. Thank you in advance
estellars
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi does anyone know if the resit policies have changed this year cause on the website it says exceptions MAY apply but there really isn't any more info

Thank you
IshyDaFishyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by estellars)
Hi does anyone know if the resit policies have changed this year cause on the website it says exceptions MAY apply but there really isn't any more info

Thank you
Do you mean autumn first sittings? or summer resits?
estellars
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by IshyDaFishyyy)
Do you mean autumn first sittings? or summer resits?
summer, but they finally responded to the email I sent and they said they only take autumn resits :/
수박수지_Emma
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by micholate9)
Yes, 2021 cycle refers to applications for 2022 entry applying in 2021! Confusing isnt it?!

Have you submitted your application yet?
Agh so confusing !! But yeah just submitted today >﹏< How about you?
micholate9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by 수박수지_Emma)
Agh so confusing !! But yeah just submitted today >﹏< How about you?
Submitted on the 7th. Good luck 😊
bubblybabbler
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by estellars)
summer, but they finally responded to the email I sent and they said they only take autumn resits :/
No no no!! I thought the same thing but then they directed me to the actual page
Look at this
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/about/covid-1...for-applicants

‘Most of our courses do allow exams to be retaken, but please note for Medicine applicants, only your first attempt (either autumn 2021 or summer 2022) will be considered.’
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by bubblybabbler)
No no no!! I thought the same thing but then they directed me to the actual page
Look at this
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/about/covid-1...for-applicants

‘Most of our courses do allow exams to be retaken, but please note for Medicine applicants, only your first attempt (either autumn 2021 or summer 2022) will be considered.’
That follows on from a statement that says:
"You can take some exams in autumn 2021 and others in summer 2022 if you can evidence that autumn exams were not available for each subject"
So I think you need to be careful and would not assume you can just choose, and would clarify that they are OK with you doing summer exams if they were available in the autumn
bubblybabbler
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
That follows on from a statement that says:
"You can take some exams in autumn 2021 and others in summer 2022 if you can evidence that autumn exams were not available for each subject"
So I think you need to be careful and would not assume you can just choose, and would clarify that they are OK with you doing summer exams if they were available in the autumn
O m g ;0
Ive already sent my application…. When i called them she said it was okay? That if i do only the summer and not autumn it’ll count… might have to do another check up call, i wish they’d just say it blatantly
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by bubblybabbler)
O m g ;0
Ive already sent my application…. When i called them she said it was okay? That if i do only the summer and not autumn it’ll count… might have to do another check up call, i wish they’d just say it blatantly
You may be correct, but it is not 100% clear from the wording in that document
username786
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Do St. George’s use your ucat score even after interviews to decide who gets an offer?
micholate9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by username786)
Do St. George’s use your ucat score even after interviews to decide who gets an offer?
I don't think so.
bbr32
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi
My son applied to St George’s 3 days ago and he didn’t receive any confirmation. Did they send confirmation email of receiving the application or not?
Thanks
xxvhxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by bbr32)
Hi
My son applied to St George’s 3 days ago and he didn’t receive any confirmation. Did they send confirmation email of receiving the application or not?
Thanks
Hiya, I submitted my application a week ago and I haven't received a confirmation either. I guess we have to wait and see what happens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.48%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.12%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (122)
34.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed