bubblybabbler
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bbr32)
Hi
My son applied to St George’s 3 days ago and he didn’t receive any confirmation. Did they send confirmation email of receiving the application or not?
Thanks
They haven’t sent anything to me either!
MedMom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xxvhxx)
Hiya, I submitted my application a week ago and I haven't received a confirmation either. I guess we have to wait and see what happens.
Our application was sent on 13/10 and we have received acknowledgement from 3 Uni , still waiting for St George. It looks like they will take time.
miaxmur
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! With a ucat 2630, am I playing it a bit unsafe to apply to ST George's? It's either St george's or nottingham, so I'm struggling to make that decision
Chi chi5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by miaxmur)
Hi! With a ucat 2630, am I playing it a bit unsafe to apply to ST George's? It's either St george's or nottingham, so I'm struggling to make that decision
Hi, have you submitted already? The deadline has now passed
ShadowHokage
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’d say St George is safer I think. But the deadline has passed…. Have you not submitted your application?
miaxmur
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I have submitted but I have 14 days to switch any choices with others! Why would SG be safer?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! I have submitted but I have 14 days to switch any choices with others! Why would SG be safer?
No you don't! I don't know why so many people think they have 14 more days to switch.

The deadline was tonight and it's gone. Your choice is final.

That 14 days is on UCAS's side*, if you switch now the new med school would treat you as a "late submission".

*So if you submitted before 1st October you would have had 2 weeks, after that the deadline to switch was 6pm tonight.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
miaxmur
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
No you don't! I don't know why so many people think they have 14 more days to switch.

The deadline was tonight and it's gone. Your choice is final.

That 14 days is on UCAS's side*, if you switch now the new med school would treat you as a "late submission".

*So if you submitted before 1st October you would have had 2 weeks, after that the deadline to switch was 6pm tonight.
thank you! it says u can switch within 14 days from receiving your welcome email, but the new uni would see it as a late submission, which is what u said! that's that then
Last edited by miaxmur; 1 week ago
ammowammo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
are sgul mmi interviews online or in person and when do they start dishing interviews out?
miaxmur
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ShadowHokage)
I’d say St George is safer I think. But the deadline has passed…. Have you not submitted your application?
still curious why u think it would've been safer? im gonna try for sgul in clearing, as their clearing treshold seems to be a bit lower! (hopefully they have clearing..)
ShadowHokage
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
still curious why u think it would've been safer? im gonna try for sgul in clearing, as their clearing treshold seems to be a bit lower! (hopefully they have clearing..)
Hello! The reason why I said St George is safer, because Nottingham (if I remember correctly) has a high focus on VR & SJT and overall in the “Which Medical School Should I Apply To” I noticed that Nottingham was being avoided with people with even higher UCAT scores whilst St George I think you were slightly above the cut off from last year (2620?) and this UCAT mean went down so this cut off should hopefully be even lower.

I’m not a expert on recommending medical schools, I’m just another fellow y13 whose trying to get in medicine.
mckbro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm applying as a master's graduate with a UCAT score of 2850 so a bit of a stretch but fingers crossed! International stats are so iffy anyways. Whatever. Feels so good to have everything submitted.
DarceyDS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MedMom)
Our application was sent on 13/10 and we have received acknowledgement from 3 Uni , still waiting for St George. It looks like they will take time.
Have you heard anything yet if i may ask? I also applied on 13/10 but no acknowledgement yet here either.
ShadowHokage
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DarceyDS)
Have you heard anything yet if i may ask? I also applied on 13/10 but no acknowledgement yet here either.
I applied on 08/10 and I still haven’t received any acknowledgment either. Got it from all my other universities, so I think St George just might be one of the universities that don’t send out any acknowledgment emails but they should definitely have received it.
Medswlon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi freemango - can you tell us a bit more about your story and background? I’m also a ‘very mature’ prospective student and have just put in my UCAS application after being in work for 24 years. Did you apply last year and defer your place?
Last edited by Medswlon; 1 week ago
s___97
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied on 08/10 and I still haven’t received any acknowledgment either. Got it from all my other universities, so I think St George just might be one of the universities that don’t send out any acknowledgment emails but they should definitely have received it.
hey, i applied last year (and this year!) and i got my acknowledgement pretty quickly last year, within a day
this year however, i haven't had one yet so they're probs just being a bit slow! don't worry about it, as long as you submitted it on time then you'll be fine
benmathewjoseph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
BTW I have already applied I just want to know now, my GCSES are extremely low but they do meet the entry requirements, apart from entry requirements do SGUL use GCSES to decide what applicants to give interviews to?
miaxmur
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello! The reason why I said St George is safer, because Nottingham (if I remember correctly) has a high focus on VR & SJT and overall in the “Which Medical School Should I Apply To” I noticed that Nottingham was being avoided with people with even higher UCAT scores whilst St George I think you were slightly above the cut off from last year (2620?) and this UCAT mean went down so this cut off should hopefully be even lower.

I’m not a expert on recommending medical schools, I’m just another fellow y13 whose trying to get in medicine.
Hi! Thanks for letting me know! I think 2630 is too low anyway, or at least for postgrad, so I applied to undergrad but I don't have many hopes left we'll see! good luck to you too!
MedMom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DarceyDS)
Not yet, I don't think I'll hear anything before Monday/Tuesday
ammowammo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hmm yeah its really weird altho i applied last yr and they sent me an acknowledgment email a few hrs after my ucas was submitted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (313)
57.54%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.97%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (61)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (47)
8.64%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.86%

Watched Threads