Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2022 Entry

Watch this thread
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Fatima.T)
thank you for that link, the tarrif score i calculated was 327, meeting the minimum entry requirements and having a 2720 band 2, would this be a good option? again thank you for all the help!
I am not doubting you, but have you counted Highers you have taken on to AH, as you can't count them twice?
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ni/ucas-points
Fatima.T
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I am not doubting you, but have you counted Highers you have taken on to AH, as you can't count them twice?
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ni/ucas-points
oops I didn’t realise that, i’ve changed that and got a score of 234
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Fatima.T)
oops I didn’t realise that, i’ve changed that and got a score of 234
Still a great score, but I thought your first one was pushing it a bit :lol:
Your score looks to have been ok for 2020 entry, but check again when 2021 stats are published. 2020 was a bit lower than usual levels, but I think you should be ok
Fatima.T
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Still a great score, but I thought your first one was pushing it a bit :lol:
Your score looks to have been ok for 2020 entry, but check again when 2021 stats are published. 2020 was a bit lower than usual levels, but I think you should be ok
okay, thank you for that and for all your help across all the threads!
veni1976
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
My GCSE 9987777766
A Level prediction A*AA
UCAT 2580 Band 4
UCAS tariff 230
Is it risky to apply Queen Mary for medicine please?
Thank You
ShadowHokage
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by veni1976)
My GCSE 9987777766
A Level prediction A*AA
UCAT 2580 Band 4
UCAS tariff 230
Is it risky to apply Queen Mary for medicine please?
Thank You
Your SJT puts you at a disadvantage in gaining an offer. I believe Barts don’t use SJT in interview selection, but it does form a part of the interview score. So, applying to Barts is fine but just make sure you practice on your interview skills.
veni1976
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ShadowHokage)
Your SJT puts you at a disadvantage in gaining an offer. I believe Barts don’t use SJT in interview selection, but it does form a part of the interview score. So, applying to Barts is fine but just make sure you practice on your interview skills.
Thank you very much
DeeDee2055
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hello, I got 168 ucas score and 2840 ucat band 1. Would this be ok?
candidate415
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by DarceyDS)
Hello, I got 168 ucas score and 2840 ucat band 1. Would this be ok?
Hopefully Barts will release admission statistics for 2021 entry to the website but for now no one can tell you. Look through last years thread for similar tariff scores and look at the Barts website for what a 168 tariff UCAT was for 2020 entry.
rameezkaan
Badges: 7
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys! I know barts use a separate scoring method for graduates applying to the A100 score, rather than the traditional UCAS tariff score. I wanted to ask if anyone knows how that works?

I’m a grad - 1st in bio
Ucat - 2560 b1
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by rameezkaan)
Hi guys! I know barts use a separate scoring method for graduates applying to the A100 score, rather than the traditional UCAS tariff score. I wanted to ask if anyone knows how that works?

I’m a grad - 1st in bio
Ucat - 2560 b1
I always hope Barts do, but they have never told anyone else! Barts really need a 1st for A100, but even then, I suspect your UCAT might not be enough. Have a look through old threads to see what sort of scores were being invited
candidate415
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by rameezkaan)

I’m a grad - 1st in bio
Ucat - 2560 b1
Barts score grads on their first degree classification + extra points for additional qualifications like masters or PhD.
ZadTheLad
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Is a UCAS tariff score of 168 and a UCAT score of 2810 too much of a gamble for Bart's? I know last year an example was 168 with 2750 but I feel like their cutoff might increase this year
Sriley35
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
How do you actually calculate the tariff? Is it the same as the UCAS tariff?
ShadowHokage
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Sriley35)
How do you actually calculate the tariff? Is it the same as the UCAS tariff?
Yes.
EvelinaU
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi! I wanted to ask if the EPQ is included in calculating the tariff or just A-Level grades?
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by EvelinaU)
Hi! I wanted to ask if the EPQ is included in calculating the tariff or just A-Level grades?
Everything that has a UCAS tariff, so A levels, EPQ, music exams, BTEC, etc etc.....
EvelinaU
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Everything that has a UCAS tariff, so A levels, EPQ, music exams, BTEC, etc etc.....
Ah thank you so much!

Would a tariff of 200 with UCAT of 2860 Band 2 put me in good position for gaining an interview?
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by EvelinaU)
Ah thank you so much!

Would a tariff of 200 with UCAT of 2860 Band 2 put me in good position for gaining an interview?
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergrad...ne--dentistry/
And watch for the 2021 figures to be published, as things were generally much higher for last year
Bee_1_0_1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Does anyone know how SJT is used in selection process or in interviews?

GANFYD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads