Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2022 Entry

Watch this thread
candidate415
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bee_1_0_1)
Does anyone know how SJT is used in selection process or in interviews?

GANFYD
Its not used in initial selection process, its used after interview but its not too significant (i.e. band 1 and band 2 get a few points extra).
Bee_1_0_1
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by candidate415)
Its not used in initial selection process, its used after interview but its not too significant (i.e. band 1 and band 2 get a few points extra).
Do band 1 and 2 get similar amount of points? or is there a significant difference?
candidate415
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bee_1_0_1)
Do band 1 and 2 get similar amount of points? or is there a significant difference?
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...n_scoring_syst
Bee_1_0_1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Oh ok great thanks!
Lordyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hello,

I have a UCAT score of 2950 Band 3

My tariff is at 188. Would my UCAT score be able to compensate for my low tariff?

Thanks for your time.
32jeerkah
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Lordyy)
Hello,

I have a UCAT score of 2950 Band 3

My tariff is at 188. Would my UCAT score be able to compensate for my low tariff?

Thanks for your time.
One question... how is a tariff of 188 low, isn't that more than 3A*s? Im predicted 3 A*s and I've got an A* in an epq, Does that mean my tariff is low?
Lordyy
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by 32jeerkah)
One question... how is a tariff of 188 low, isn't that more than 3A*s? Im predicted 3 A*s and I've got an A* in an epq, Does that mean my tariff is low?
Its A*AA and an EPQ A*, I also have a music grade 6 at pass which adds up to 188. A lot of people's tariffs that I've seen are 190-200. Your tariff would be 196.
Last edited by Lordyy; 10 months ago
32jeerkah
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Lordyy)
Its A*AA and an EPQ A*, I also have a music grade 6 at pass which adds up to 188. A lot of people's tariffs that I've seen are 190-200. Your tariff would be 196.
Thank you
francescachi
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I have IB 45 prediction 2710 band 3I’m Eu studentIt’s worth to apply?
francescachi
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Which tariff would I have with my IB 45? It is not clear how to calculate the tariff
Christina2096
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
hey guys I’m an international holding 2630 b2 and 2:1 in boomed degree Xx. Am I too risky to apply for Barts?
RCH986
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by francescachi)
Which tariff would I have with my IB 45? It is not clear how to calculate the tariff
The official UCAS website: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator, tells you your points if you enter them in
RCH986
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Is it me or is the information on QMUL website really widespread? In the selection criteria, they say:

"We receive well over 2,500 applications for entry and interview about 800 candidates. Approximately 440 offers are made, and 276 home students and up to 30 overseas students will be admitted in September to the five-year course (A100)."

And then on the admissions statistics for 2020 entry:

"1,399 candidates applied to A100. Of those, 400 were rejected prior to interview and 999 were offered interviews."

Unless they have updated the selection criteria section for 2021 entry stats?
chewyzebra123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Does anyone know how many people got deferred entry for barts last year? I know they over offered a lot but I'm unsure how many places this may take up for 2022 entry?
J_Kingzzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi all,
Do you think I could get an interview?

Stats:
GCSE - 99999988876
A-Levels - A*AA - predicted
UCAT - 2670 Band 3 SJT

Thanks 👍🏽
Last edited by J_Kingzzz; 10 months ago
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by J_Kingzzz)
Hi all,
Do you think I could get an interview?

Stats:
GCSE - 99999988876
A-Levels - A*AA - predicted
UCAT - 2670 Band 3 SJT

Thanks 👍🏽
Depends in your UCAS tariff
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergrad...ne--dentistry/

That suggests a tariff around 200 was needed for your UCAT 2 years ago (was almost certainly higher last year, based on everywhere else's cut offs). A*AA on its own gives a tariff of 152
KarenKoltrane
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been asked here. Can I apply to both graduate entry and traditional entry in the same year? I have emailed Barts several times but they never replied.
J_Kingzzz
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)

That suggests a tariff around 200 was needed for your UCAT 2 years ago (was almost certainly higher last year, based on everywhere else's cut offs). A*AA on its own gives a tariff of 152
Thank you,
The tariff system is still a little confusing to me, so with my predicted grades I would get a tariff of 152 but is there any way of increasing that to above 200.
J_Kingzzz
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)

Thank you,

The tariff system is still a little confusing to me, so with my predicted grades I would get a tariff of 152 but is there any way of increasing that to above 200.
sxraphina.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Does QMUL calculate tariff based on top 3 a levels? I did 4 a levels and achieved A*A*A*A (A in chem), so I'm wondering if they'd consider all 4, top 3 or bio, chem and another subject. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads