GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Does QMUL calculate tariff based on top 3 a levels? I did 4 a levels and achieved A*A*A*A (A in chem), so I'm wondering if they'd consider all 4, top 3 or bio, chem and another subject. Thanks
They consider any qualification that has tariff points, so all A levels, AS levels not taken on to full A level, EPQ, music and drama exams, BTECs, etc etc
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
They consider any qualification that has tariff points, so all A levels, AS levels not taken on to full A level, EPQ, music and drama exams, BTECs, etc etc
Thank you very much, do you think there's any point in me applying because I'm pretty sure they use SJT post interview?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you very much, do you think there's any point in me applying because I'm pretty sure they use SJT post interview?
They do, but only for about 5% of marks, so unlikely to make a massive difference
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They do, but only for about 5% of marks, so unlikely to make a massive difference
Thank you! One last question (sorry), are there gonna be fewer spaces because of what happened last year?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! One last question (sorry), are there gonna be fewer spaces because of what happened last year?
Very likely! But they may have managed to palm all their over-offered applicants off elsewhere. Personally, I suspect a lot of them will have decided to defer and take the money, instead!
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very likely! But they may have managed to palm all their over-offered applicants off elsewhere. Personally, I suspect a lot of them will have decided to defer and take the money, instead!
I would've done that. 10k :eek: Thanks so much for answering my questions I really really appreciate everything you've done to help me
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would've done that. 10k :eek: Thanks so much for answering my questions I really really appreciate everything you've done to help me
Just want to see you get the place you deserve
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just want to see you get the place you deserve
PRSOM
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J_Kingzzz)
Thank you,

The tariff system is still a little confusing to me, so with my predicted grades I would get a tariff of 152 but is there any way of increasing that to above 200.
Other tariffable qualificiations!
An EPQ, AS level, 4th A level, music, drama or dance qualifications, the list is (almost) endless
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides...ariff-advisers
candidate415
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KarenKoltrane)
Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been asked here. Can I apply to both graduate entry and traditional entry in the same year? I have emailed Barts several times but they never replied.
Yes you can
harrietrose17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi guys just a quick question, I'm really unusual because as well as my predicted a-levels I also have 5 achieved higher grades on the Scottish system since I moved countries.
I'm guessing that this is very unusual but do you think I can get scored for my highers and my predicted a levels? They are two different exam systems but I was unsure and it does ofc make a huge difference to my tariff score since I achieved straight A's at Higher.
Or should I just call up Barts and ask?
Thanks for any help!
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrietrose17)
hi guys just a quick question, I'm really unusual because as well as my predicted a-levels I also have 5 achieved higher grades on the Scottish system since I moved countries.
I'm guessing that this is very unusual but do you think I can get scored for my highers and my predicted a levels? They are two different exam systems but I was unsure and it does ofc make a huge difference to my tariff score since I achieved straight A's at Higher.
Or should I just call up Barts and ask?
Thanks for any help!
You get points for all tariffable qualifications, I believe, so your score will be off the charts
jaffar ahamed
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello GANFYD and other senior members

I saw the information from Freedom of information dated 13th sept 2021 where QMUL Admission team has mentioned that they prefer applicants only with SJT Band 1 and Band 2?
I checked QMUL website and it says that applicants will be selected for interview based on UCAT Score /UCAS Tariff -50:50

Kind regards
Jaffar
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jaffar ahamed)
Hello GANFYD and other senior members

I saw the information from Freedom of information dated 13th sept 2021 where QMUL Admission team has mentioned that they prefer applicants only with SJT Band 1 and Band 2?
I checked QMUL website and it says that applicants will be selected for interview based on UCAT Score /UCAS Tariff -50:50

Kind regards
Jaffar
They use SJT post interview, but for 4 points only I think.
Sarah1520
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what ucas tariff would I need with a UCAT 2700 to have a good chance at getting an interview?
srmedi2224
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, please can someone advice if there is any scoring system used for ucas and ucat points? All I understand is 50:50 split between the two - but what is the minimum ucas tariff needed and what is the ucat point needed ? Any thoughts? Thanks
jaffar ahamed
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much -becausethenight volunteer team
Collegium
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GCSE
5 x 9s : Chemistry, Physics, Maths, History, Geography
2 x 8s : Biology, German
2 x 7s : English Lang, English Lit.

A Level Predicted
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Psychology A*

UCAT
2690 Band 2 (VR 640, DM 640, QR 660, AR 750)
No Contextual flags

Work Experience
2 week in total at 2 GP practices
6 week Virtual medicine related work experience mix of e-learning and small group tutorials from clinicians
Volunteering at Covid vaccination centre and a couple of other small stints

EPQ A*
Core Maths Predicted A
DofE Gold, Music Grade 5, LAMDA Grade 6

I am considering QMUL (Barts) as one of my target universities. My UCAS tariff adds up to 228
I would like to ensure that I would make the cut for Barts interview.
Would be grateful for any advice if you see any challenges or have any suggestions.
Thank you
Medic2022
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I have a similar stat! I thought it would be difficult to get an interview in London schools.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Collegium)
GCSE
5 x 9s : Chemistry, Physics, Maths, History, Geography
2 x 8s : Biology, German
2 x 7s : English Lang, English Lit.

A Level Predicted
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Psychology A*

UCAT
2690 Band 2 (VR 640, DM 640, QR 660, AR 750)
No Contextual flags

Work Experience
2 week in total at 2 GP practices
6 week Virtual medicine related work experience mix of e-learning and small group tutorials from clinicians
Volunteering at Covid vaccination centre and a couple of other small stints

EPQ A*
Core Maths Predicted A
DofE Gold, Music Grade 5, LAMDA Grade 6

I am considering QMUL (Barts) as one of my target universities. My UCAS tariff adds up to 228
I would like to ensure that I would make the cut for Barts interview.
Would be grateful for any advice if you see any challenges or have any suggestions.
Thank you
Would imagine that you’d be fine. You’d lose a couple of points post interview for the B2 but very unlikely to be a dealbreaker
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise