UCD Medicine 2021 Offer Holders

Watch
mb122345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
#1
Just a thread to discuss everything related to studying medicine at UCD - the course, UCD itself, accommodation, general prep, living in Ireland, COVID-19 restrictions, clubs & societies and etc...
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#2
Report 1 month ago
#2
Have you got an offer from UCD?
0
reply
mb122345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#3
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
#3
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have you got an offer from UCD?
yes! you?
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#4
Report 1 month ago
#4
(Original post by mb122345)
yes! you?
Yes, me too! Have u accepted it yet? I am waiting for RCSI as well
1
reply
Anonymous #2
#5
Report 1 month ago
#5
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, me too! Have u accepted it yet? I am waiting for RCSI as well
hey I got a UCD offer and the deadline for the deposit is in a few days. I need to get a response from RCSI but I haven't. idk what to do. are u international? where are you from? im routing for rcsi but I think I got rejected because they sent out interview invites and on the website timeline it says all invites will be sent "early march/late February"
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#6
Report 1 month ago
#6
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey I got a UCD offer and the deadline for the deposit is in a few days. I need to get a response from RCSI but I haven't. idk what to do. are u international? where are you from? im routing for rcsi but I think I got rejected because they sent out interview invites and on the website timeline it says all invites will be sent "early march/late February"
Have you accepted UCD’s offer already but just yet to make the deposit payment? I had an interview with RCSI last week and haven’t heard back since. I am fm Canada. How about you?
0
reply
Anonymous #2
#7
Report 1 month ago
#7
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have you accepted UCD’s offer already but just yet to make the deposit payment? I had an interview with RCSI last week and haven’t heard back since. I am fm Canada. How about you?
actually im in a position worse than you. I haven't even been called for an interview. there is absolutely no reason though, I have perfect stats, and I applied a month before the deadline. idk if rcsi is going by regions because I have seen the majority of Canadians do interviews but in my school 8 of us applied and 0 response. im so worried bcs im rooting for rcsi. I haven't accepted/rejected the offer yet to make a deposit. ill be waiting for the final day... if I miss out on UCD and rcsi too then im screwed. my only shot is Ireland and Dublin specifically. Ive been accepted to UK med but im not planning to go to the UK at all
0
reply
mb122345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#8
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#8
(Original post by Anonymous)
actually im in a position worse than you. I haven't even been called for an interview. there is absolutely no reason though, I have perfect stats, and I applied a month before the deadline. idk if rcsi is going by regions because I have seen the majority of Canadians do interviews but in my school 8 of us applied and 0 response. im so worried bcs im rooting for rcsi. I haven't accepted/rejected the offer yet to make a deposit. ill be waiting for the final day... if I miss out on UCD and rcsi too then im screwed. my only shot is Ireland and Dublin specifically. Ive been accepted to UK med but im not planning to go to the UK at all
rcsi and ucd are different institutions but they're linked together, can you contact UCD and ask for an extension and explain your situation with RCSI?
0
reply
mb122345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#9
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
#9
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, me too! Have u accepted it yet? I am waiting for RCSI as well
yep, accepted & paid the deposit as well, right now in the visa process which is harder than applying for medicine somehow 🤡
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#10
Report 4 weeks ago
#10
(Original post by Anonymous)
actually im in a position worse than you. I haven't even been called for an interview. there is absolutely no reason though, I have perfect stats, and I applied a month before the deadline. idk if rcsi is going by regions because I have seen the majority of Canadians do interviews but in my school 8 of us applied and 0 response. im so worried bcs im rooting for rcsi. I haven't accepted/rejected the offer yet to make a deposit. ill be waiting for the final day... if I miss out on UCD and rcsi too then im screwed. my only shot is Ireland and Dublin specifically. Ive been accepted to UK med but im not planning to go to the UK at all
I guess it goes by region then. Where are you from? Why do you prefer RCSI to UCD? Will u be paying UCD deposit to hold a spot first ? I think i may do that. Great that UK med accepted u. Why don’t u consider UK?
0
reply
Anonymous #3
#11
Report 4 weeks ago
#11
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have you accepted UCD’s offer already but just yet to make the deposit payment? I had an interview with RCSI last week and haven’t heard back since. I am fm Canada. How about you?
Hi! I’m also from Canada and I have an offer at UCD! I think I read earlier in the thread that you also have an offer. Is it for the 4, 5 or 6 year program?
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#12
Report 4 weeks ago
#12
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I’m also from Canada and I have an offer at UCD! I think I read earlier in the thread that you also have an offer. Is it for the 4, 5 or 6 year program?
Hi! I am for the 6 year program. How about you? Are you waiting for RCSI as well?
0
reply
Anonymous #3
#13
Report 4 weeks ago
#13
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I am for the 6 year program. How about you? Are you waiting for RCSI as well?
I’m also going for the 6 year program. I have already accepted my offer at UCD so I’m not waiting on RCSI. When is the deadline to accept your UCD offer?
0
reply
Anonymous #2
#14
Report 4 weeks ago
#14
(Original post by Anonymous)
I guess it goes by region then. Where are you from? Why do you prefer RCSI to UCD? Will u be paying UCD deposit to hold a spot first ? I think i may do that. Great that UK med accepted u. Why don’t u consider UK?
I the UCD deposit is 27K and its non refundable so I can't save a spot and not go. I have the option to take a spot but that means im gonna let go of rcsi which I don't want. I don't want UK cause my family is in ireland specifically in Dublin so im stuck rn. I really dk what to do
0
reply
divking
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#15
Report 4 weeks ago
#15
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m also going for the 6 year program. I have already accepted my offer at UCD so I’m not waiting on RCSI. When is the deadline to accept your UCD offer?
haha I got an offer at RCSI and I am waiting on UCD. Still haven't an interview for UCD. I am from the US and I was wondering/debating which is better. UCD or RCSI?
0
reply
divking
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#16
Report 4 weeks ago
#16
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey I got a UCD offer and the deadline for the deposit is in a few days. I need to get a response from RCSI but I haven't. idk what to do. are u international? where are you from? im routing for rcsi but I think I got rejected because they sent out interview invites and on the website timeline it says all invites will be sent "early march/late February"
Hello!! I got into RCSI and I am waiting for UCD. I am just wondering why u want RCSI instead of UCD? Just curious haha.
0
reply
Anonymous #2
#17
Report 4 weeks ago
#17
(Original post by divking)
Hello!! I got into RCSI and I am waiting for UCD. I am just wondering why u want RCSI instead of UCD? Just curious haha.
Im choosing rcsi for one reason which is I know people who are there and family members that's all. I would definitely choose UCD if that's not the case bcs the student life is 100 times better.
0
reply
divking
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#18
Report 4 weeks ago
#18
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im choosing rcsi for one reason which is I know people who are there and family members that's all. I would definitely choose UCD if that's not the case bcs the student life is 100 times better.
Hey What did you end up choosing?
0
reply
Anonymous #2
#19
Report 3 weeks ago
#19
(Original post by divking)
Hey What did you end up choosing?
I didn't choose ucd even though I still haven't heard back from rcsi
0
reply
Butterjam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#20
Report 3 weeks ago
#20
I've firmed a conditional offer for the 6 year program! I had been waiting for TCD but they took too long to reply and I couldn't lose my place... when is everyone sorting out visas?
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (138)
43.4%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
14.15%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (129)
40.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads

View All