mharoon79
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Dear readers,
I am new to this forum.

I am studying full time MSc Data science. The course started Sep 2020 and taught sessions will be completed by June 2021 and thesis in Sep 2021.

I have received a PGCE offer and PGCE course will be commencing from Sep-2021.
My query is as below
As I already have a postgraduate loan. Can I apply for the PGCE loan? I receive the following message whenever I try to submit the application form
"You already have existing applications for all available academic years. "

Hope to receive a helpful reply soon.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mharoon79)
Dear readers,
I am new to this forum.

I am studying full time MSc Data science. The course started Sep 2020 and taught sessions will be completed by June 2021 and thesis in Sep 2021.

My query is as below
As I already have a postgraduate loan. Can I apply for the PGCE loan? I receive the following message whenever I try to submit the application form

In theory you can get a PGCE loan but because your end date for your MSc goes over into the next academic year the automatic application system will block you applying (and it might be that you wouldn’t be able to be funded in the 21/22 academic year but would need to wait for 22/23).

Hopefully one of the SFE reps will be able to clarify when they’re next online whether you should apply using PN1 to bypass the online block or whether the overlapping dates of the courses will mean you can’t get funding without waiting for a year.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Welcome to the boards mharoon79

Applications for funding for post-graduate teacher training courses are the same as applications for under-grad funding. You must not already have QTS, otherwise, as long as you are applying for a course that will award QTS (either University, SCITT or School Direct) then despite already receiving post-grad funding, you should be eligible. (https://www.gov.uk/teacher-training-funding)

In regards to your teacher training course application, I would strongly recommend you get yourself a teacher training adviser. This is a free service, that will help you every step of the application process and help you avoid any banana skins you may slip on! Either register here or please call us on Freephone 0800 389 2500 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Wishing you all the best, Jane
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
SFE Isaac can you help with this question when you’re next around
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mharoon79)
Dear readers,
I am new to this forum.

My query is as below

(Original post by PQ)
In theory you can get a PGCE loan but because your end date for your MSc goes over into the next academic year the automatic application system will block you applying (and it might be that you wouldn’t be able to be funded in the 21/22 academic year but would need to wait for 22/23).

Hopefully one of the SFE reps will be able to clarify when they’re next online whether you should apply using PN1 to bypass the online block or whether the overlapping dates of the courses will mean you can’t get funding without waiting for a year.
Hi, you can't apply online as the PGCE course attracts undergraduate funding as the system doesn't allow postgraduate applications to ever apply for undergraduate funding again online. As long as the PGCE course is non salaried, it's your first time achieving Qualified Teacher Status and the course is 2 years or less in length then you will be eligible for funding as long as your postgraduate course ends before the PGCE course begins.

Please send in a PN1 paper application form in the post http://ow.ly/d/8pbk - I think it could be useful to attach a letter from your university to confirm the end date of the postgraduate course too.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (22)
6.21%
Uncertainty around my education (38)
10.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
11.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (48)
13.56%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
5.08%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.52%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.45%
Financial worries (25)
7.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.82%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (36)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.34%

Watched Threads