How staying hydrated can help your wellbeing

Watch
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
We all know that drinking lots of water and staying hydrated does wonders for our physical health, helping our organs and skin etc. But it's also really important for our mental health and wellbeing. I'm really guilty of not drinking enough, I could quite happily only drink a few sips throughout the day. It's one of my goals for 2021 to make a conscious effort to drink more. So far, it's still a struggle!

Here are some reasons why staying hydrated is good for your mind:

- It can help you concentrate better. Not only does your body need water to function, so does your brain. Many people look after their bodies but neglect the thing that makes your body work! Keeping your brain hydrated will help you concentrate, which will then help you get your work done, which reduces your stress etc. :work: It all links together!

- Speaking of stress, it can also help balance your moods. You could notice yourself becoming less irritable or moody or tired if you keep yourself hydrated. This will help you maintain those chirpy moods we all love! :flower2:

- You'll sleep better! There will be more information on the importance of sleep coming in later threads, but basically drinking more water helps your blood flow, especially to your brain. The better blood flows through your head, the better your brain works and therefore the better you'll sleep! :sleep:

- You'll have more energy. :danceboy: Your body can't run if it's all dried up and wrinkly. By being dehydrated, you'll probably notice you're feeling sluggish and you want to cocoon all day. By getting some water in you, you'll notice you feel like you can do more! If you get more done, you'll feel more satisfied with yourself which then improves your wellbeing!

See how everything is connected in one way or the other. Get your water down you, look after yourself and you'll notice the differences in your general wellbeing.

Last edited by DrawTheLine; 3 months ago
tedibare
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yeah, I’ve been trying to drink more water too lately
Thanks for the gif at the end 😂
Ben878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That's interesting about the sleep point, didn't know that

I find drinking a good volume of water through the day useful for getting up and going for a refill frequently, so I'm not sat at a desk, or wherever, reminding me to have a little refresh away from what I was doing
username5458796
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Make more of these threads please
Ducky_MoMo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
One thing I've noticed is that having a larger container/bottle to drink from makes it easier to drink water. I now carry around a 2L bottle with me and so I can constantly be reminded to drink enough! :lol:
The Weeknd.
Badges: 21
Report 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (165)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.85%

Watched Threads