crayonsrcool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This question may sound completely stupid, but i just picked my course choices for S6 last week and i picked 2 AH's, 1 Higher and a N5. Although, after reading into it and hearing things from teachers etc, it seems as though unis don't really accept AH's in place of a Higher.

for example, strathclyde asks for AAAABBB (i think) for S6 requirements for law. so say i got 3A's 2B's this year (which would miss the S5 requirements by one grade), but in S6 i get BB at Advanced Higher, does this exceed the requirements or is this not counted for?

im just wondering if this is true or not. if anybody knows any info on this it would be really helpful!!
Nessie162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From what I understand the minimum at first sitting is ABBBB, and then an extra B if you're doing a 2nd sitting. You're doing 3 subjects at AH/Higher level so you're exceeding the requirements. But you can always email the admission team if you want to be sure.
crayonsrcool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nessie162)
From what I understand the minimum at first sitting is ABBBB, and then an extra B if you're doing a 2nd sitting. You're doing 3 subjects at AH/Higher level so you're exceeding the requirements. But you can always email the admission team if you want to be sure.
those requirements are from widening access which i dont qualify for.

so do you know if they would count an advanced highers into the higher requirements?

but thanks for your reply!
pure-heroine
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by crayonsrcool)
those requirements are from widening access which i dont qualify for.

so do you know if they would count an advanced highers into the higher requirements?

but thanks for your reply!
usually scottish universities will take a B at advanced higher as equivalent to an A at higher!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (139)
4.82%
Uncertainty around my education (425)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (323)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (404)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (131)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (176)
6.1%
Loneliness (248)
8.59%
Financial worries (106)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (118)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (155)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (257)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (272)
9.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed