The Student Room Group

Is it possible to work a ski season during F3?

Hi all.

As the title suggests, I’m dreaming of doing/working a ski season during my F3. For various reasons I never got to do it post sixth form and I still haven’t given up the dream.

My assumption is that’s it’s virtually impossible to get a medical job as a Brit in a European ski resort do I’d happily work any job. Non medical or otherwise. New Zealand doesn’t actually appeal to me as much as Europe. I’d like the proper resort experience.

Has anyone heard of any F3s doing this or have any advice that I might find useful?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I've not heard of anyone doing it, but can't see why it wouldn't be possible. You're right that getting a medical job is probably not going to happen (and might interfere with time on the slopes!) but there's no reason you couldn't work another job - Brexit regulations depending, of course. And Covid. Tbh, if you hit the locum shifts hard for a few months from August, and don't mind living a fairly no-frills life out there, it's probably possible to do a few months as a ski bum without a job if you wanted to.
Reply 2
it takes months of paperwork, licensing + language exams to get a medical job in Europe. Might be easier (and cheaper) to do non-medical job
I knew someone who worked a ski resort in the holidays during med school, then an extended stint during F3 (and F4!). She had some kind of dual citizenship though, and her medical capacity was like first aid up on the mountain, not doctor stuff. She worked mainly in Scotland but I believe her F3 stuff was in Europe.

I have no idea how you'd get a medical licence for Europe and I can't imagine it will be quick, let alone finding the job itself. As stated, you could probably afford to just live up there for a bit if you wanted!
Original post by QuestionableSam
Hi all.

As the title suggests, I’m dreaming of doing/working a ski season during my F3. For various reasons I never got to do it post sixth form and I still haven’t given up the dream.

My assumption is that’s it’s virtually impossible to get a medical job as a Brit in a European ski resort do I’d happily work any job. Non medical or otherwise. New Zealand doesn’t actually appeal to me as much as Europe. I’d like the proper resort experience.

Has anyone heard of any F3s doing this or have any advice that I might find useful?

Thanks!

Have a look at clarkesince91 on Twitter - that seems to be what she's doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending