The Student Room Group

University of Salford

University of Salford for Physiotherapy (undergraduate), yes or no?
Original post by amylong05
University of Salford for Physiotherapy (undergraduate), yes or no?

Hi @amylong05,

I am a Physiotherapy student at the University of Salford! :hello:I have just started my second year of the BSc course! I am really loving my time here and more than happy to chat to you about the course. But ultimately you need to find a course that suits you, if thats Salford then amazing, if not its okay! You might be best having a look at the course, which you can do here.

A quick insight to why I chose the University of Salford. The university is amazing for student support, I believe we are ranked first for student satisfaction out of the physiotherapy courses! Also, they are great at giving you opportunities to expand your portfolio and make you ready for job applications and practicing as a physiotherapist.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you have! But otherwise good luck with finding your university!

Holly - Student Ambassador :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by University of Salford Student Rep
Hi @amylong05,

I am a Physiotherapy student at the University of Salford! :hello:I have just started my second year of the BSc course! I am really loving my time here and more than happy to chat to you about the course. But ultimately you need to find a course that suits you, if thats Salford then amazing, if not its okay! You might be best having a look at the course, which you can do here.

A quick insight to why I chose the University of Salford. The university is amazing for student support, I believe we are ranked first for student satisfaction out of the physiotherapy courses! Also, they are great at giving you opportunities to expand your portfolio and make you ready for job applications and practicing as a physiotherapist.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you have! But otherwise good luck with finding your university!

I was just wondering how much of the course is independent study because I know a lot of other uni courses for physiotherapy are mainly independent study. Thank you
Original post by amylong05
I was just wondering how much of the course is independent study because I know a lot of other uni courses for physiotherapy are mainly independent study. Thank you

The course is 3 days a week, from 9-4/5 ish. They cover the most important things in these hours, however, like any other course you are expected to do work outside uni hours too. The course is supposed to be a 5 day course, so the two days you aren't in are supposed to be used to complete directed study (work that needs to be done before the lecture) or any extra research you want to do. All the modules are organised so you can see what you need to do, but honestly if you organise your time well its not too bad. Salford are great at limiting the amount of independent study, especially during year 1, and a lot of students meet up or organise study sessions so you're not studying alone, especially before exams. But if you prefer to study independently you can do that too, its completely up to you how you study in your free time.

In my opinion, when I looked at some courses it made me a bit nervous when there was limited contact hours. At the end of the day it is a practical course and practising your technique with supervision on tutors is important. But it is all dependent on how you learn!

Hope that has answered your question!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending