JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I think a lot of us are passive when confronted by people who tell us we're wrong and try to shove their perspectives down our throats. Yet I say why do we tolerate this? Is it because we want an easier life without hassle or do we not care about being our own have a go heroes? If we don't take charge of what we believe then people will walk all over us in life. When you're a child or young adult I'm sure you've been told how things work and that any other way is incorrect-well they're incorrect-they have their own ways but you don't have to follow them and if you take a risk and fail then at least you know how to correct those mistakes next time-but do let your thoughts and opinions be heard, even in front of teachers in a school, college or university-because to be strong in this life is to let yourself be heard and taken notice of because people can be full of s*** and you don't need to take it.
f_ student room
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Just be open to conversation and give your opinion freely.
I don't see why you must have such a negative outlook on people who are already opinionated and what others must do to not be unheard.
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by f_ student room)
Just be open to conversation and give your opinion freely.
I don't see why you must have such a negative outlook on people who are already opinionated and what others must do to not be unheard.
Because some people aren't open to conversation and they don't listen to logic. I know it might be a waste of time contending with people who don't have a positive mental connection with you, but you shouldn't be walked through as though you don't even exist. What if during a heated conversation where you were in the logical right, I decided to be an asshat and not listen to you before claiming you didn't do the right thing. Yes you could just forget the encounter and move on-but what does that really accomplish? Ok avoiding confrontation doesn't make the situation worse but it's a hollow way to go especially if I made you feel bad in some way.
f_ student room
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I agree, I think if everyone was a little more confrontational it would be for the better. I'm very opinionated and not afraid of voicing my opinions either but it actually really irritates me when the other person or someone i'm in conversation with doesn't express their own opinions or feelings. You have no idea what the person is thinking and you don't know where you stand.
All I was saying before was that don't see opinionated people as the enemy because a lot of us actually want to hear people out with their own opinions and feelings.

(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
Because some people aren't open to conversation and they don't listen to logic. I know it might be a waste of time contending with people who don't have a positive mental connection with you, but you shouldn't be walked through as though you don't even exist. What if during a heated conversation where you were in the logical right, I decided to be an asshat and not listen to you before claiming you didn't do the right thing. Yes you could just forget the encounter and move on-but what does that really accomplish? Ok avoiding confrontation doesn't make the situation worse but it's a hollow way to go especially if I made you feel bad in some way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed