The Student Room Group

Ex boyfriend problem

My ex boyfriend was perfect at the start which was over a year ago, unfollowed every girl on social media without me asking. In the past couple months he was starting to become distant which i understand it happens, however it got to a point where we was arguing over petty things, i always knew it was a lack of communication he wasn’t willing to fix it so he broke up with me, two days after he logs out of his old instagram which he (names inactive but still watches my story’s?) he was only following me and his family and mates etc.. and makes a new one. Obviously following girls and liking girls pictures, without me being able to see. I would just like to know how it is possible to have so much respect for someone and give them all you have, with some flaws but completely fixable in time, and treat me this way so soon. It’s heart breaking tbh and i really don’t deserve it any suggestions on what to do? Will he finally realise? after all i was his first love.

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure what the problem is here. Is it that he's following other girls social media accounts after becoming single? If so this is normal and he hasn't done anything wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
I'm not sure what the problem is here. Is it that he's following other girls social media accounts after becoming single? If so this is normal and he hasn't done anything wrong.

not that i don’t really care about it it’s the fact he made a new account to do all these things, and maybe the fact he was never like this and how he can change so much only after a few days?
Reply 3
This is a life lesson. Take some time to heal, but most importantly learn from it. The ex is teaching you exactly what you don't want in a man in the future.

Edit: And DO NOT contact him in any way whatsoever. If he wants to talk to you, you can give him the time of day if you want (though I advise against it), but definitely no going back. Never go back in life!
Are you really that insecure that you don’t let your boyfriend like other girls pics lol get a grip
Reply 5
Original post by finlay291202
Are you really that insecure that you don’t let your boyfriend like other girls pics lol get a grip

If you ****ing opened your eyes you would see that he made a new account to do all these things?
Original post by finlay291202

*ex-boyfriend...

The fact that Instagram is dictating your understanding of right/wrong should be an alarm bell for you, in my opinion.
Original post by Anonymous
not that i don’t really care about it it’s the fact he made a new account to do all these things, and maybe the fact he was never like this and how he can change so much only after a few days?

Making a new account would've been out of respect for you. He didn't want you to know and be hurt by it.

He followed girls social media accounts before you dated so it shouldn't be any surprise that he would do this when he became single again. If anything it's consistent rather than a sign of change.
If you ****ing opened your eyes you would see that he made a new account to do all these things?

Ok? And? Still struggling to see the issue with liking people’s photos?
Reply 9
*ex-boyfriend...

The fact that Instagram is dictating your understanding of right/wrong should be an alarm bell for you, in my opinion.

Maybe you are right but it is 2021 this is how life is dictated nowadays, it’s just confusing on the fact you think you knew someone and they would have abit more respect for the first week atleast, but i have only come on here to try and understand if it is normal and move past it no need to be rude
Original post by sinfonietta
Making a new account would've been out of respect for you. He didn't want you to know and be hurt by it.

He followed girls social media accounts before you dated so it shouldn't be any surprise that he would do this when he became single again. If anything it's consistent rather than a sign of change.

consistent in that urge had always been there?
My ex boyfriend was perfect at the start which was over a year ago, unfollowed every girl on social media without me asking. In the past couple months he was starting to become distant which i understand it happens, however it got to a point where we was arguing over petty things, i always knew it was a lack of communication he wasn’t willing to fix it so he broke up with me, two days after he logs out of his old instagram which he (names inactive but still watches my story’s?) he was only following me and his family and mates etc.. and makes a new one. Obviously following girls and liking girls pictures, without me being able to see. I would just like to know how it is possible to have so much respect for someone and give them all you have, with some flaws but completely fixable in time, and treat me this way so soon. It’s heart breaking tbh and i really don’t deserve it any suggestions on what to do? Will he finally realise? after all i was his first love.

his ur ex now so he can follow girls if he wants to
Original post by Kabzzzy
This is a life lesson. Take some time to heal, but most importantly learn from it. The ex is teaching you exactly what you don't want in a man in the future.

Edit: And DO NOT contact him in any way whatsoever. If he wants to talk to you, you can give him the time of day if you want (though I advise against it), but definitely no going back. Never go back in life!

Thankyou this is the advice i was looking for!
Original post by Kiaraxx
his ur ex now so he can follow girls if he wants to

I know that, it’s just the fact he made a new account to do it that’s what is confusing
*ex-boyfriend...

also - do you think deleting insta would be a start of change i know people have and it has changed their view on most things, crazy how an app can control how your emotions are, but since i’m single and don’t have that many things to do it is something to do. However it does give me the urge to lurk which in the end of the day only hurts more, what are your thoughts?
Original post by Smile_With_Me
He is your ex-boyfriend, he can do as he likes. You should seek help.

By the looks of things you have never been in a deep relationship, i have had past ones that have completely ruined my trust like my previous ex a girl he was constantly liking her pics turned out also to be sending him nudes so maybe i have abit of lack of trust
Original post by Kabzzzy

What do you think i should do when i see him in person (college) do i notice him or pretend his not there?
also - do you think deleting insta would be a start of change i know people have and it has changed their view on most things, crazy how an app can control how your emotions are, but since i’m single and don’t have that many things to do it is something to do. However it does give me the urge to lurk which in the end of the day only hurts more, what are your thoughts?

Yes, I do think that. I think that, very strongly. I believe that social media, in general, has an inherently toxic influence on the majority of relationships (friendship, family and romantic) and arguable has very few obvious benefits.
I’m going to take your advice, should i delete the app or just get rid of my whole account?

girl chill he is allowed to make a new account if he wants to, and who doesn't allow their bf to follow other girls on social media? you're restricting him pls-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending