The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport, Could i get in?

My options for next year is either to do 3 a-levels or do a BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport with my city’s professional football club. I want to do physiotherapy at university. However, i’m unsure whether they’d accept me if i did the Extended Diploma because it is only in Sport, not exercise science etc.

In the Extended Diploma, I do take time in the physiotherapy clinic linked to the club, which I could write about in my personal statement.

Does anyone know if a university would give me an offer with an BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport? And if so, what universities?
As just one example, Manchester Met https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/bsc-physiotherapy/
"DDD in BTEC Extended Diploma in any of the following: Sport and Exercise Science, Applied Science, Applied Science (Medical Science), Health and Social Care (Health Studies), Health and Social Care (Health Sciences)."
If you are studying a slightly different Sports subject, then its worth emailing the Uni's Admissions office to check.
It will probably depend on 'how much science' there is in the BTEC Units you have taken.
Original post by amylong05
My options for next year is either to do 3 a-levels or do a BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport with my city’s professional football club. I want to do physiotherapy at university. However, i’m unsure whether they’d accept me if i did the Extended Diploma because it is only in Sport, not exercise science etc.

In the Extended Diploma, I do take time in the physiotherapy clinic linked to the club, which I could write about in my personal statement.

Does anyone know if a university would give me an offer with an BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport? And if so, what universities?

@amylong05

Please give us a call on 0161 247 6969 and we'll be able to further assist and then pass you onto an admissions team if we can't help!

Best Wishes,

Jacob:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest