amylong05
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My options for next year is either to do 3 a-levels or do a BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport with my city’s professional football club. I want to do physiotherapy at university. However, i’m unsure whether they’d accept me if i did the Extended Diploma because it is only in Sport, not exercise science etc.

In the Extended Diploma, I do take time in the physiotherapy clinic linked to the club, which I could write about in my personal statement.

Does anyone know if a university would give me an offer with an BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport? And if so, what universities?
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As just one example, Manchester Met https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...physiotherapy/
"DDD in BTEC Extended Diploma in any of the following: Sport and Exercise Science, Applied Science, Applied Science (Medical Science), Health and Social Care (Health Studies), Health and Social Care (Health Sciences)."
If you are studying a slightly different Sports subject, then its worth emailing the Uni's Admissions office to check.
It will probably depend on 'how much science' there is in the BTEC Units you have taken.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by amylong05)
My options for next year is either to do 3 a-levels or do a BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport with my city’s professional football club. I want to do physiotherapy at university. However, i’m unsure whether they’d accept me if i did the Extended Diploma because it is only in Sport, not exercise science etc.

In the Extended Diploma, I do take time in the physiotherapy clinic linked to the club, which I could write about in my personal statement.

Does anyone know if a university would give me an offer with an BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport? And if so, what universities?
amylong05

Please give us a call on 0161 247 6969 and we'll be able to further assist and then pass you onto an admissions team if we can't help!

Best Wishes,

Jacob
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
29.01%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.16%
No I am happy with my choice (72)
54.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.87%

Watched Threads