Sarah Everard: Missing 33-year old in South London

Watch
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quick question, where was all of this feminist vigour in the wake of the grooming gang scandals?
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Driving_Mad)
I echo your sentiment.

There was also another women who helped the man hide the body away.

Disgusting.
First question I was asked during my interview to join the BTP was "What do you hope to bring to your Community and the wider public".

How on Earth this man was able to reply how I did and then carry out such a despicable act, we might never know.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
So this attack was random? What I find very shocking about this case is that it was done by a police officer, someone who is meant to catch killers, not become one themselves. I am looking forward to when they interview the guy as to why he did it, is there more to the story or was the guy just a psychopath? I usually think of the usual suspects such as ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends, co-workers etc.. a police officer is the last person I would think of that would do something like this.
I've said it from the start, it was completely opportunistic.

I'd wager he has some form of a narcissistic personality disorder, and I agree with you, the hideousness of this crime is TENFOLD since he's a police officer
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
I've said it from the start, it was completely opportunistic.
We don't know this for sure yet.
Azagthoa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wōden)
Quick question, where was all of this feminist vigour in the wake of the grooming gang scandals?
Your attempts at deflection are extremely tiresome.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Azagthoa)
A post on a forum makes you more disgusted than the murder of an innocent woman? Wow, that really shows your priorities in life, you are clearly an extremely disturbed individual.

This is not a 'single incident'. Male on female violence happens with disturbing regularity, it took Jess Phillips almost 5 minutes to read out that list of names. I guess that point did not reach you. The family probably do not want this incident to happen to anyone else, and for that to happen we need to draw attention to the issue of male violence. Please act more maturely and recognise the issues affecting society. Just recently, a study was published showing almost all women in the UK have been sexually harrassed: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-survey-finds. It is time for men to face up to this and start to engage with issues affecting women.
I live London and have been mugged twice by young women I never be attack by a male walking home. In fact once when I was mugged (i am a woman) I was help by a middle age gentleman who took me to police station and give me a left home. I always be attack by females never by males.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
We don't know this for sure yet.
Not for sure, but it certainly seems so.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
You have said a lot of racist things on the Coronavirus Megathread against white people - why do you think you keep getting those notifications from the mods?
Its amusing they're trying to deny these things when their comments are there for all to see.
On a broader note though, is it just me or do those who self proclaim their "anti racist" credentials actually mean they just hate white people, and god help any successful ethnic minority, who is subsequently labelled as no better than a collaborator. Merely look at how the minorities (equally amusing how theyre solely defined by their melanin content but thats another issue) are looked on as "race traitors", and worse, by the sort of person like Azagthoa. But what can you do, the center is dead and the new normal are extremists on either the right or left, who view centrists as nothing but either not extreme enough or, conversely, too extreme :lol: What a time to be alive with all this identity nonsense.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Its amusing they're trying to deny these things when their comments are there for all to see.
On a broader note though, is it just me or do those who self proclaim their "anti racist" credentials actually mean they just hate white people, and god help any successful ethnic minority, who is subsequently labelled as no better than a collaborator. Merely look at how the minorities (equally amusing how theyre solely defined by their melanin content but thats another issue) are looked on as "race traitors", and worse, by the sort of person like Azagthoa. But what can you do, the center is dead and the new normal are extremists on either the right or left, who view centrists as nothing but either not extreme enough or, conversely, too extreme :lol: What a time to be alive with all this identity nonsense.
Must confess I don't get this "anti racist" label.

I'm not racist but that's not good enough apparently? And you can be "anti racist" but still attack white people for the colour of their skin, according to some people? It must be mentally exhausting for them imagining everyone who doesn't loudly proclaim themselves as "anti racist" to be an enemy.

Do men now have to loudly proclaim themselves as "anti sexist" all over social media for people to believe they aren't sexist? Maybe they are feeling some pressure to do so but really it's unnecessary. Just don't be sexist (or racist, or homophobic etc etc) and society will be a much nicer place for everyone.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sad to see the vigils proposed for today being cancelled, but it is difficult given the Covid situation.

There are comments on numerous media about this being 'sad' and 'tragic'. Of course it is those things, but these kinds of views tend to leave the real issue - the acceptance of male violence towards women as part of sexual predation - untouched. It isn't just sad, it's the result of some views that are still pretty widespread amongst some men that women are fair game and not proper human beings.
username4969948
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wōden)
The victims of the sex abuse ring in the city I live in went to the local women's groups for help. It was those groups constantly hassling the police over a long period of time that finally got them to take the crimes seriously. 18 men were eventually imprisoned. Seems a good example of feminist vigour.

Do tell us Wōden what your extensive contribution to stopping sex abuse has been?

For the avoidance of doubt, sitting at a keyboard and complaining that others are not doing anything is not taking action, it is merely you demonstrating your own impotence.
Azagthoa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
The victims of the sex abuse ring in the city I live in went to the local women's groups for help. It was those groups constantly hassling the police over a long period of time that finally got them to take the crimes seriously. 18 men were eventually imprisoned. Seems a good example of feminist vigour.

Do tell us Wōden what your extensive contribution to stopping sex abuse has been?

For the avoidance of doubt, sitting at a keyboard and complaining that others are not doing anything is not taking action, it is merely you demonstrating your own impotence.
Excellent response. Woden is so poorly educated thay he did not know that in fact the sex abuse rings breakup was in fact an excellent example of feminist activity bringing justice for young women.

He only brought up that particular incident as an excuse to be racist I'm sure (as is the usual reason right wingers bring it up), while neglecting to mention that the vast, vast majority of sexual offenders in the UK are white males.
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Azagthoa)
the vast, vast majority of sexual offenders in the UK are white males.
The ethnic aspect here will hardly surprise anyone who recalls that the UK as a whole is c. 90% white.

The pertinent question is whether (among males) the proportion of such offenders who are white is essentially the same as their proportion of the entire male population. Do the ONS maintain figures on this?
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Justvisited)
The ethnic aspect here will hardly surprise anyone who recalls that the UK as a whole is c. 90% white.

The pertinent question is whether (among males) the proportion of such offenders who are white is essentially the same as their proportion of the entire male population. Do the ONS maintain figures on this?
There are tables on ethnicity here

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nglandandwales

The key point is that everyone is most likely to be killed by someone of their own ethnicity but that is a consequence of most victims being murdered by a relation or associate.
looloo2134
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
There are tables on ethnicity here

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nglandandwales

The key point is that everyone is most likely to be killed by someone of their own ethnicity but that is a consequence of most victims being murdered by a relation or associate.
The people most likely to be murdered abuse are children with babies under one years old being the mostly likely to murdered women are just as likely to murder children in the home as men.
Paranoiaa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very sad story, RIP.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Shouting ‘**** the Police’ at the Sarah Everard’s vigil. Stay classy.

I fully understand the anger, however it’s thanks to the men and women of the Met and Kent branch that her killer is facing justice.

Edit: Starting to kick off now... ****ing despicable.
Last edited by Occitanie; 1 month ago
username5252758
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I fully understand the anger, however it’s thanks to the men and women of the Met and Kent branch that her killer is facing justice.

You've conveniently ignored the fact that Couzens was also arrested for a unrelated charge and the Met have already been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

That the police potentially failed to adequately investigate a previous incident that may have prevented this crime seems a damned sight more despicable than a few tame chants.
username4969948
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree. It is despicable with how heavy handed the police are being in response to a peaceful vigil.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Called it, is George Floyd all over again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads