The Student Room Group

Which University is Best for LLM?

To preface this, I intend to apply to an LLM programme for 2021/22 as it is essentially a "box to tick" for my home jurisdiction which knocks a year off training needed for qualification.

There's two things I'm screening for particularly:

Firstly, as I just need an LLM for the LLM, my options are fairly open and so I'd love to do something that I actually care about. I'm looking for a programme that leans toward the jurisprudential and/or "political economy" side of economic/corporate law. I'm still uncertain whether it's best to go for a taught programme or an LLM by Research (in my mind, this gives me more freedom to strictly pursue the philosophical questions that I am curious about).

Secondly, as I will be applying for a scholarship from my home country, my choices of university are limited to the top 100 according to QS. Being realistic and also noting my preferences, these are the options:

- UCL (Jurisprudence and Legal Theory OR International Banking and Finance Law)
- Edinburgh (By Research OR International Banking Law and Finance OR International Economic law)
- KCL (International Financial Law)
- Bristol (Banking and Finance Law)
- Warwick (International Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation OR By Research)

Does anyone have any thoughts on the law schools (especially for postgrad) mentioned above, or the specific programmes? Really looking for any insight, e.g.: reputation, positives, negatives, etc. Also possibly a comment on the competitiveness of applicants fort the programmes would be really helpful.Thanks!
Reply 1
heyy, I’m in the same position as you are, are you Saudi? And which uni did you choose?(:

Quick Reply