How racist was the UK towards Meghan Markle?

Watch
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LockOfTheE)
Meghan is an idiot and Harry is moreso of an idiot for not preparing her for the life she chose to enter. The reason his major past relationships failed is because those girls couldn't handle what it means to be married to a British prince. They showed strength of character and got out lucky. Meghan married into the royal family. Presumably Harry would have warned her about how the media came after Kate Middleton at the start (which everyone seems to forget when they play the old Kate vs Meghan card). Kate managed to get away from it because she didn't react, somebody worse came along, but she still didn't react. What exactly did Harry think would happen when you try to mix a Hollywood harlot into one of the strictest and most traditional institutions in the word? He surely must have known she would never be like Kate and quitely accept the hate and get along with things, and that the media would not change.

Do I think the Royal Family has been racist to MM? I doubt it. However, if they actually have, **** them.

Do I think Meghan and Harry are going about things the right way? Absolutely not. For a pair who seem to love spouting humanitarian gibberish and time and time again profess they want to live a 'private life', they are going about it in a very funny way. Can't have your cake and eat it huns.
On International Women’s Day, is it fair to call the Duchess of Sussex a harlot?

Sad that you created a new account to write this unfortunate piece.
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They were probably more concerned it would be a baby with ginger hair, just like its Grandad.😳
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sounds like the American public has been sucked in by this nonsense but they do really seem to enjoy an obviously fake acting performance in an interview.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LockOfTheE)
Meghan is an idiot and Harry is moreso of an idiot for not preparing her for the life she chose to enter. The reason his major past relationships failed is because those girls couldn't handle what it means to be married to a British prince. They showed strength of character and got out lucky. Meghan married into the royal family. Presumably Harry would have warned her about how the media came after Kate Middleton at the start (which everyone seems to forget when they play the old Kate vs Meghan card). Kate managed to get away from it because she didn't react, somebody worse came along, but she still didn't react. What exactly did Harry think would happen when you try to mix a Hollywood harlot into one of the strictest and most traditional institutions in the word? He surely must have known she would never be like Kate and quitely accept the hate and get along with things, and that the media would not change.

Do I think the Royal Family has been racist to MM? I doubt it. However, if they actually have, **** them.

Do I think Meghan and Harry are going about things the right way? Absolutely not. For a pair who seem to love spouting humanitarian gibberish and time and time again profess they want to live a 'private life', they are going about it in a very funny way. Can't have your cake and eat it huns.
Bore off you boring troll. ****ing weirdo
MatureStudent37
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
But you cannot deny that the press launched a brigade against her and ridiculed and scrutinised things that Kate Middleton did (the exact same things) and the only difference was her race, or that is at least how it presented. I disagree entirely, most British people if not all have heard something about the Royal drama and, at one point or another, have made a statement about it.

Not sure what Jeremy Corbyn has to do with anything it is a completely different scenario, I say that as someone who despises him.
I have to say, other than Danny Baker making his chimpanzee comment that he may, or may not have done on purpose.

I’m struggling to find a news article that indicates any form of racism. The best I can find is that Piers Morgan once called her exotic. Anybody south of Watford Is exotic in my books.

Then we have the ‘they picked up on stuff that Kate Middleton wasn’t picked up on.’ Like what?

I remember everybody being excited about their wedding. I suspect any concern was about her being an American.

I’m getting the impression that she’s pulling the race card to get sympathy. She’s realised she only has a limited amount of time to cash in on her celebrity.

I strongly suspect that this will be ending up in divorce in the not too future.
Renner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
‘Joins Royal family’

‘Complains constantly about being in Royal Family’

Idiot
Renner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Banging on about Archie not becoming a Prince because of race.

It’s nonsense. Not true. It’s a lie. Great-Grandchildren of the Sovereign are not automatically Princes. He would become a Prince when Charles becomes King under 1917 letters patent but Charles has had plans to trim down the Royal Family for a long time. If she can lie about that what else is she lying about.
Last edited by Renner; 1 month ago
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Renner)

It’s nonsense. Not true. It’s a lie. There have been plans to trim down the Royal Family for a long time. If she can lie about that what else is she lying about.
How do you know it was not true? Where you there? Silly post.
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

It’s nonsense. Not true. It’s a lie. There have been plans to trim down the Royal Family for a long time. If she can lie about that what else is she lying about.
Odd one.

Only children and grandchildren of the monarch are prince and princesses.

Princess Anne opted not to get her kids given a HRH.

The Queen allowed William and Kate’s kids to get HRH title as Daddy going to be Prince of Wales and possibly King one day.

Harry and Megan’s kids aren’t.
Renner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
How do you know it was not true? Where you there? Silly post.
Because Royal Protocol is fairly well set out.
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because Royal Protocol is fairly well set out.
Believe nothing, question everything.
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Britain did have a Nazi King - Edward VIII was a keen supporter of Hitler. He and Wallace amused themselves with the young nieces (Elizabeth and Margaret) by teaching them the Nazi salute in the Windsor Castle grounds. All very cosy. Hitler hoped to make Edward King again once he succeeded in conquering Britain.
Yes they did.

The Nazis were quite effective in getting into the inner circles of the UKs elite.

there we’re many pro fascist people
in the U.K. who claimed that people were too stupid to understand fascism and shouldn’t be allowed to vote on it .(not too dissimilar that was being said during the brexit debate.)
Renner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doing that watching channel 3 right now
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Me thinks Meghan didn’t do her research.

Didn’t google Harry? Me thinks excrement.
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MatureStudent37)
Me thinks Meghan didn’t do her research.

Didn’t google Harry? Me thinks excrement.
What would she have gained from googling him?
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doing that watching channel 3 right now
Yeah
Euapp
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Meghan is claiming it is racism that is stopping Archie having the title of Prince, when it's actually because a Royal protocol that dates back over a century, and Harry would know that.

If they are prepared to lie about this, how do we believe anything else that they are saying?
Unfortunately we don't!
MatureStudent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What would she have gained from googling him?
Merely the fact that she claims not to have googled a member of the Royal family that somebody was setting her up in a date with.

Something doesn’t read right.

Am I racist because I think she’s telling porkies?

Am I now being Islamaphobic because I mentioned pork?
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MatureStudent37)
Merely the fact that she claims not to have googled a member of the Royal family that somebody was setting her up in a date with.

Something doesn’t read right.

Am I racist because I think she’s telling porkies?

Am I now being Islamaphobic because I mentioned pork?
I don't know whether she is telling the truth. We don't know.

You are not racist for saying that you think she is telling false statements.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is as bad as I expected.

The part around Archie not being a prince so he won’t be given security is a nonsense. Eugenie and Beatrice are actual princesses and do not get security.

The whole thing about the title is ridiculous. The convention has been in place since George V, with it being updated in 2012. She literally said that he would be a Prince once Charles was crowned.

She won’t answer who asked how dark the kids skin is and she won’t answer who refused the title. Only the queen has final say on titles, so the implication is that the queen is a racist who took the title away from a child who was not going to be born a Prince due to over a centuries worth of conventions.

There was clear racism in the press towards Meghan and the comparisons with Kate were pathetic, which should not be ignored but also should not be an excuse for lying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads