Oxford DPIR Graduate Applicants 2021

Watch
s.zar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aab108)
Hey, everyone! Waiting to hear about MPhil in International Relations, have not seen many applying to this program in the forums. I am currently an undergraduate at Sciences Po and have been accepted to George Washington for Security Policy Studies that I will take up if I don’t get into Oxford. The wait is very exhausting and honestly kind of paralyzing, difficult to concentrate on schoolwork right now...
I can't focus on my studies as well :/
alexangell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, all! I've applied to the MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy programme in the ODID (so pretty similar to DPIR). From what I've seen, the two departments have very similar timelines. I'm finishing up my final year in undergrad studying War and Conflict and currently have offers from Durham and Edinburgh. Wishing everyone the best of luck, the wait has been insane!!
widowmesh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by s.zar)
That's really stressful. Hope you will hear from Oxford soon for accepting (or not) your offer at LSE.
Best of luck to you, as well! My fingers are crossed for all applicants who are still waiting to hear!
widowmesh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jonnyiw)
This is very useful, thanks. Someone in the main Oxford thread said that the DPIR had told them to expect a decision on or before 19th March. I hope it is soon!

Welcome! I have an offer from LSE - is there actually a date by which we have to accept/reject? I am really hesitant to outright reject it (even though it is unlikely I will take up the place), it just seems so extreme.
In the acceptance packet LSE provided, as well as LSE for You if I am not mistaken, you must reply within 6 weeks of your acceptance or they may assume your absence of communication as a rejection of the offer. I am trying to get in touch with their Graduate Admissions office about an extension, but I have seen mixed results with that when others on the forum have tried.
veritas.lux
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by widowmesh)
In the acceptance packet LSE provided, as well as LSE for You if I am not mistaken, you must reply within 6 weeks of your acceptance or they may assume your absence of communication as a rejection of the offer. I am trying to get in touch with their Graduate Admissions office about an extension, but I have seen mixed results with that when others on the forum have tried.
"We ask that you submit the form within six weeks of receiving your offer, if possible. If you are not able to submit the form within this time, DO NOT WORRY. You will not lose your offer, nor will we assume that you do not wish to take up your place. You do not need to contact us to inform us that you will be accepting, just submit the form when you can." - from their website
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So - someone on Gradcafe says that they have received an acceptance. Huge congrats if it was any of you!

Let's hope that this means the results are on the way!
aab108
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Someone on gradcafe just got accepted to Mphil in Politics! congrats! Is it one of you? So stressful, looks like we might hear by the end of this week
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So - someone on Gradcafe says that they have received an acceptance. Huge congrats if it was any of you!

Someone on gradcafe just got accepted to Mphil in Politics! congrats! Is it one of you? So stressful, looks like we might hear by the end of this week
We don't know which MPhil is it?
Baobao8
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Thanks a lot for the update, I'm supposed to be working and I can't afford to check every minute because I already wasted so much time So your updates come in super handy
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Baobao8)
Thanks a lot for the update, I'm supposed to be working and I can't afford to check every minute because I already wasted so much time So your updates come in super handy
It's very tough, I am also working (employed not studying) but checking regularly. Will continue to post any updates as and when they come. The last week or so it has become a lot more difficult.
Baobao8
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's very tough, I am also working (employed not studying) but checking regularly. Will continue to post any updates as and when they come. The last week or so it has become a lot more difficult.
I totally feel you, it's only because I'm supposed to hand in some report at the end of this week that I started focusing again. I really wonder what the logic behind the admissions procedure is... Like who decided that sending answers every fews days was a good idea???
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I totally feel you, it's only because I'm supposed to hand in some report at the end of this week that I started focusing again. I really wonder what the logic behind the admissions procedure is... Like who decided that sending answers every fews days was a good idea???
Agree! Normally they should send offers the same day for everyone and precising which date!
Last edited by s.zar; 4 weeks ago
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
(Original post by s.zar)
Agree! Normally they would send offers the same day for everyone and precising which date!
I don't really mind the dates, but I think they could communicate a bit better, like for Cambridge you can see on their portal if you are at: Submitted and Received, Department Review, Degree Committee, Graduate Admissions Office, Offer. Oxford give absolutely nothing away, everything looks exactly the same as it does when I submitted back in October.
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't really mind the dates, but I think they could communicate a bit better, like for Cambridge you can see on their portal if you are at: Submitted and Received, Department Review, Degree Committee, Graduate Admissions Office, Offer. Oxford give absolutely nothing away, everything looks exactly the same as it does when I submitted back in October.
Exactly. I got rejected from the MPhil in Comparative Government and nothing changed in the applicant portal...
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tomorrow it will be 9 weeks...We just have one week to wait
aab108
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For some reason today feels like it could be the day, or tomorrow 😂
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For some reason today feels like it could be the day, or tomorrow 😂
Let's wait until 2am x)
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
Another has just been posted. For comparative government. Congrats if it was any of you!
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Another has just been posted. For comparative government. Congrats if it was any of you!
I'm stressing so much...I hope that they will send all offers/rejections today...
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Third student accepted for the MPhil in Comparative Government in GradCafe!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.48%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.4%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.62%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.09%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
2.99%
Taster lectures or seminars (80)
21.74%
Speak to current students studying my course (84)
22.83%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.35%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.53%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.17%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
2.17%

Watched Threads