Oxford DPIR Graduate Applicants 2021

Watch
louisa_c
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I applied for the MPhil in Political Theory and I'm finishing up my undergad at Bristol currently. My other option is LSE which would be great, but still got my fingers crossed for Oxford. Sending lots of good vibes to you all, this wait really isn't pleasant
s.zar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by louisa_c)
Hi everyone! I applied for the MPhil in Political Theory and I'm finishing up my undergad at Bristol currently. My other option is LSE which would be great, but still got my fingers crossed for Oxford. Sending lots of good vibes to you all, this wait really isn't pleasant
Hi! I'm applying for the same course (MPhil in Political Theory). Hope we will be accepted!
louisa_c
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by s.zar)
Hi! I'm applying for the same course (MPhil in Political Theory). Hope we will be accepted!
Best of luck!!!
B999555
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey all, I received an offer for the MPhil in Comparative Government earlier today.
leonardodv13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by B999555)
Hey all, I received an offer for the MPhil in Comparative Government earlier today.
Hey, did you apply coming from a UK uni? if so, what was your degree classification? thanks and congrats!
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Wooohooo! Congratulations, celebrating on your behalf!!
josephdroberts98
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congratulations, that’s fantastic to hear!
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congratulations! Happy to hear that one of us has been accepted!
leonardodv13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you guys feel they send all their rejections in batches? like more to come soon today at 2am maybe? >.<
s.zar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by leonardodv13)
Do you guys feel they send all their rejections in batches? like more to come soon today at 2am maybe? >.<
I don't know to be honest...It takes time for doing offers so they will probably continue during a couple of days...

Let's see how it will be tomorrow as we will be in week 9...We just have to wait 7 days more...
louisa_c
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congratulations, that's fantastic!!
B999555
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by leonardodv13)
Hey, did you apply coming from a UK uni? if so, what was your degree classification? thanks and congrats!
Hey there,
I am an Italian student studying reading Politics with Philosophy at King’s College London. Average is 74, and 77 in my major subject (Politics), with several 80+ marks. I also have two peer reviewed publications in UG journals. My final year dissertation is in political economics theory.
Last edited by B999555; 4 weeks ago
maritimer97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Baobao8)
I applied to the MPhil in European Politics and Society/ St Cross College Let's hope we have our answers soon. Good luck everyone!
DPIRapplicant
Hey @Baobao8, I'm currently undertaking the MPhil in EPS at Oxford (2019-21 cohort). Please feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!
Baobao8
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maritimer97)
Hey @Baobao8, I'm currently undertaking the MPhil in EPS at Oxford (2019-21 cohort). Please feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!
Thank you, your help is much appreciated ! I submitted my application so my questions on the DPIR expectations are not that useful anymore. I think it's better to wait until we have the decision outcome before I bombard you with all my other questions
Last edited by Baobao8; 4 weeks ago
jonnyiw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Feel free to not reply if you think it is too personal but how are you guys feeling about funding/what sources are you going for? The fees seem really high, to the extent that I may not be able to take my place without funding.
Desmond1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did anyone hear anything for MSC politics research?
soupdish
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey there,
I am an Italian student studying reading Politics with Philosophy at King’s College London. Average is 74, and 77 in my major subject (Politics), with several 80+ marks. I also have two peer reviewed publications in UG journals. My final year dissertation is in political economics theory.
Congrats!!! So excited for you -- may I ask how you were informed about the acceptance? Was it through email?
Morterla
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well done!!
B999555
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by soupdish)
Congrats!!! So excited for you -- may I ask how you were informed about the acceptance? Was it through email?
Yes, email came in around 12 Italian time. This is how it looks:
Morterla
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Gov dep. have sent out quite a few offers for Comparative Politics today, it looks like. Hopefully, MPhil Political theory will hear soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.48%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.4%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.62%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.09%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
2.99%
Taster lectures or seminars (80)
21.74%
Speak to current students studying my course (84)
22.83%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.35%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.53%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.17%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
2.17%

Watched Threads