bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ltfd99)
Literally me 😂 Think I’m gonna need a regular weekend bender to cope with the stress of the course ahaha
count me in too, haven't had a night out in months - forgot what it's like 😭
ltfd99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bulgylau)
count me in too, haven't had a night out in months - forgot what it's like 😭
June 21st can’t come sooner 😂🙌🏼
Anneka1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ltfd99)
June 21st can’t come sooner 😂🙌🏼
I just cant wait for restaurants to open in April!!! even if it is hailing I'll be al fresco dining.... I have booked every weekend up till 5th June lolll >.<
CrockerM8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey everyone, congrats on the offers, pretty sure St George's is going to be my firm choice! Is anyone else a recent graduate, hoping there will be some people of a similar age (21/22)! Also, what are people thinking in terms of finding accommodation, I'm hoping I'll be able to find some people to live with in the Tooting area who are also students! I'll definitely need some nights out soon as well😂
sjdgooner
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CrockerM8)
Hey everyone, congrats on the offers, pretty sure St George's is going to be my firm choice! Is anyone else a recent graduate, hoping there will be some people of a similar age (21/22)! Also, what are people thinking in terms of finding accommodation, I'm hoping I'll be able to find some people to live with in the Tooting area who are also students! I'll definitely need some nights out soon as well😂
Definitely here for nights out 🙋🏽. Currently unsure whether to pursue halls or a student house/flat 🤔. Ideally want to be pretty close to uni!
ltfd99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Meeeee 🙌 Nights out so needed right now 😂 🍺 I'm definitely leaning towards halls, they said on the offer day that graduates get their own block so i think that could be a laugh tbf
CrockerM8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sjdgooner)
Definitely here for nights out 🙋🏽. Currently unsure whether to pursue halls or a student house/flat 🤔. Ideally want to be pretty close to uni!
Yeah I'm still unsure as well! The main thing putting me off halls is the price, especially as it's £176 a week and you don't even get a double bed😂 Seems like quite a bit more expensive than renting with a group in a house
Last edited by CrockerM8; 4 weeks ago
ltfd99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I'm still unsure as well! The main thing putting me off halls is the price, especially as it's £176 a week and you don't even get a double bed😂 Seems like quite a bit more expensive than renting with a group in a house
Fairs, i think renting in London is still pretty expensive as it is, plus idk how keen I am on getting a house with a bunch of people i've never even met before 😂 It's annoying because pre-COVID i guess people could meet on offer days and what not but with the pandemic its basically made that impossible :/ Plus with halls at least it gives you a year to get to the know the area a bit and find a solid group of people you'll be happy living with the following year. Still early says though i guess haha
AberBioleg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I think I’m probably going to go for halls in Y1, then hopefully find some people to flat share with for the rest of the course.

Knowing my luck if I tried private in Y1 I’d end up in a Biffa bin round the back of a Pret 😂
ltfd99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AberBioleg)
Yeah I think I’m probably going to go for halls in Y1, then hopefully find some people to flat share with for the rest of the course.

Knowing my luck if I tried private in Y1 I’d end up in a Biffa bin round the back of a Pret 😂
And still be paying a grand a month for it 😂
sjdgooner
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

🤣🤣🤣
Anneka1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Hahaha yes I feel you. I'm going to do the same too I think! Halls in 1st year!
St George's, University of London
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
As long as it's linked by St George's, University of London (and officially moderated by them) - yes.
Hey!

I have asked the Uni if this is possible and will get in touch as soon as I hear something back!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
Official Uni Rep St. George's
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by St George's, University of London)
Hey!

I have asked the Uni if this is possible and will get in touch as soon as I hear something back!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
:ta:
Anneka1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
Thanks so much
sjdgooner
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾
Post_Grad_medic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
Thank you!!
matisafretz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Post_Grad_medic)
What’s everyone’s background? In terms of degree/occupation etc
I am just finishing a Marketing BSc Hons (I had a big career U-turn if you can't tell haha). So I am also currently trying hard to get that 2:1!
matisafretz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I'm just finishing off my degree (I'm 21 will be 22 when we start) and hoping to find some people to live with in tooting as well! And I definitely agree with you on the nights out thing!
matisafretz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe closer to the time when restrictions have eased a bit offer holders can meet in person just so we can try and find someone to live with etc? I have had a look at private housing and there seems to be loads near by for pretty reasonable prices, definitely cheaper than the halls.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.03%
Uncertainty around my education (556)
14.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (428)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (526)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (229)
6%
Loneliness (320)
8.38%
Financial worries (141)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (150)
3.93%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.45%
Lack of real life entertainment (218)
5.71%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (341)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (358)
9.38%

Watched Threads