jd_97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bulgylau)
count me in too, haven't had a night out in months - forgot what it's like 😭
Well if you're based in London already why don't you invite all of us down for a house party/introduction session? 👀😂😂
sjdgooner
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jd_97)
Well if you're based in London already why don't you invite all of us down for a house party/introduction session? 👀😂😂
Lool now that is an idea and a half
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

This rule will not apply if the official TSR rep posts the link, so please don't try and circumvent our rules - you signed up to the forum agreeing to our terms and conditions!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 weeks ago
jd_97
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

This rule will not apply if the official TSR rep posts the link, so please don't try and circumvent our rules - you signed up to the forum agreeing to our terms and conditions!
But my post said to message ON TSR 😭😭
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jd_97)
But my post said to message ON TSR 😭😭
It wasn't just you, there were several messages that replied to yours that were binned too. It sort of led to a cascade!
jd_97
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
It wasn't just you, there were several messages that replied to yours that were binned too. It sort of led to a cascade!
I just want to try and make some mates, TSR doesn't understand how lonely lockdown is 😢😢
If offer holders would like to try and get to know everyone a bit better, send me a PM ON TSR
neenas
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
anyone else have a heart attack courtesy of admissions’ latest email
JSTLjack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by neenas)
anyone else have a heart attack courtesy of admissions’ latest email
Haha I did a little, mainly cause I opened it so quickly I didn’t see who it was from. I thought one of my other options had got back to me with a decision.
neenas
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JSTLjack)
Haha I did a little, mainly cause I opened it so quickly I didn’t see who it was from. I thought one of my other options had got back to me with a decision.
i saw the word ‘unsuccessful’ and thought they changed their mind 😭
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jd_97)
hahah what in my family home?? reckon there'd be a bit of an issue with that 😂😂
BigBlueBoy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey people! Just wondering if any of you knew when the deadline to reply to the offer is?
St George's, University of London
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BigBlueBoy)
Hey people! Just wondering if any of you knew when the deadline to reply to the offer is?
Hi BigBlueBoy

When you go onto Track to see all of your decisions, it should tell you on there when the deadline to reply to your offers is.

Best wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
sjanehopkins
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello!

Wondering if anyone here is an elder, like myself (aka over thirty). I'm very excited to collaborate with and learn from all of my classmates, but I would love to know if there are others with kids, former careers, etc. to commiserate with.

If not, I'm happy to bring cookies and hear about weekend antics from y'all .
sjdgooner
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sjanehopkins)
Hello!

Wondering if anyone here is an elder, like myself (aka over thirty). I'm very excited to collaborate with and learn from all of my classmates, but I would love to know if there are others with kids, former careers, etc. to commiserate with.

If not, I'm happy to bring cookies and hear about weekend antics from y'all .
Hey, firstly congrats! I'm not over 30 but equally not just out of uni! Have had a career before coming into medicine though! The beauty of GEM is definitely the diversity of backgrounds, careers & experiences.
If I'm at George's definitely look forward to meeting you 😁
SMED45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi all, I have just firmed George's and will be joining you September! I finished my PhD last year in chemistry (I'm 27) and am currently working as a post-doc on SARS-CoV-2 transmission in hospitals. Just working out finances and accommodation which seem daunting. Would be keen to meet any other offer holders when the time is right.
RS0112
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys,

I'm also 27, worked in clinical trials after uni and more recently as PCR scientist for Covid testing. If I firm St George's I'll be relocating from Manchester with my partner. Would also be up for meeting other offer holders when we get the opportunity! Would love to hear about everyone's backgrounds 👍
neenas
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RS0112)
Hi guys,

I'm also 27, worked in clinical trials after uni and more recently as PCR scientist for Covid testing. If I firm St George's I'll be relocating from Manchester with my partner. Would also be up for meeting other offer holders when we get the opportunity! Would love to hear about everyone's backgrounds 👍
same here i hope by around july or august meeting up is possible! i also want to move to london by then, but covid is making all that nice and complicated at the minute. and i can’t bear another semester of zoom uni 😞
sjanehopkins
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone managed to email SGUL with a question lately and receive a response? I emailed [email protected] 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago, but so far, nothing. Should I be using a different email address? Or do you just recommend calling?

Many thanks!
BigBlueBoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sjanehopkins)
Has anyone managed to email SGUL with a question lately and receive a response? I emailed [email protected] 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago, but so far, nothing. Should I be using a different email address? Or do you just recommend calling?

Many thanks!
Hey, definitely give them a call - I got no response to emails sent a week ago, gave them a call this morning and it was answered (very helpfully) there and then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.07%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (422)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (520)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (226)
5.97%
Loneliness (317)
8.37%
Financial worries (139)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (338)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (355)
9.38%

Watched Threads