What is happening with Prince Harry and Megan Markle?

Watch
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone explain what is happening with them and why have they stepped away from royal life? What is it that they want for themselves?

I just finding it shocking as I thought both of them would use the opportunity of being part of the Royal family to engage in charity work, especially since this is what Princess Diana did.

I'm sorry if this comes across as ignorant, I really don't understand the situation.
lk2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello! yes the situation is definitely confusing lol but i think they were happy being a part of the royal family but when they needed help (whenever upset or criticised by media) they couldnt get any which is surprising because kate and william always talk about mental health! im not sure if you've seen but you should definitely search the different ways the media portray kate middleton compared to meghan, especially whilst pregnant. im not too sure about the situation fully so people might correct me but you should also watch parts of their interview with Oprah if you're curious
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For hundreds of years royalty has come from a certain stock of people, when the Anglo-Saxons arrived they sent for Hengst and Horsa who were Jutes. These Anglo-Saxon people can be shown to be Israelites and the Jutes of the tribe of Judah who from Old Testament times to be their kings and queens. other nobles were given lands the same thing happened and when when William the Conqueror came, two generations previously he was from norsemen. Lands and titles have remained with these families ever since.

Old habits die hard, the broader Royalty (maybe not the immediate family) can't accept the idea of this changing which probably explains why things went pear-shaped with Edward & Mrs Simpson and when Diana started dating Dodi and the question of of Megan's offspring arose.

Name:  page.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  211.0 KB
Last edited by NJA; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (547)
14.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (418)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (514)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (185)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.38%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.88%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.5%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.4%

Watched Threads