P3 today Watch

This discussion is closed.
DaKe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so what was the value of c when you put in x=0 and y=1 (or was it the other way round) i got something with ln 2 in it i think....
SsEe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
c = 0.5 ln2
I only solved the very last part on the comp. I've just double checked the value of c. So all is well.
david cool
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok ok seems like everyone had a bad day on P3 how many marks u think u lost ???

me I think I lost 15 marks altogther including marks I lost on other stuff that I dont know I got wrong

one of the hardest papers I done. Question 2 I did in the last 30mins lol
DaKe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
kool... i got that value of c but i left y in the form....

y/(y+1) = ..... so i'll probly get half the marks or less...
david cool
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SsEe)
c = 0.5 ln2
I only solved the very last part on the comp. I've just double checked the value of c. So all is well.

yay i GOT c to equal that lol
pumpkinstein
Report 14 years ago
Gah, I think it was overly difficult too. By staggering through I think that I at least got parts B and C of the last question wrong, along with the area of the parallelogram. I tried to use base X height, did it actually require that you split it into 2 triangles and do it that way? That's what my friend told me but I don't see that it makes it particularly easier. The differential equation question (last one) was stupidly overly complex, there were hundreds of places to make a tiny error. Also, the part a of the question that required that you knew the integral of cosec^2 was a bit unnecessary, a straightforward cos or something would have been adequate.

Martin
riks2004
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wat u reckon will be the grade boundaries? i reckon its gonna be about 58/75 for an A
riks2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pumpkinstein)
Gah, I think it was overly difficult too. By staggering through I think that I at least got parts B and C of the last question wrong, along with the area of the parallelogram. I tried to use base X height, did it actually require that you split it into 2 triangles and do it that way? That's what my friend told me but I don't see that it makes it particularly easier. The differential equation question (last one) was stupidly overly complex, there were hundreds of places to make a tiny error. Also, the part a of the question that required that you knew the integral of cosec^2 was a bit unnecessary, a straightforward cos or something would have been adequate.

Martin
integral of cosec^2 (x) is in the formula book but i do agree it was a hard paper
DaKe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i reckon i got between 65% - 79%
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did v badly too. I was doing it very carefully and cautiously etc but then realised I hadnt time for last q. I didnt even do b and x
+ i think I got the paralleogram area and coordinate of Q wrong. Do they do error carried forward? Or will the rest be wrong too
riks2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no dont think they give marks for error carried forward but u can get marks for method.
SsEe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've also checked the expansion question. I got (1/2)x² + (1/4)x³ and the computer agrees so that's good. I'm really annoyed about messing up the area of R question as I knew exactly how to do it. I think it was 6 marks and they should be able to work out what I intended from my diagram (unless they do that poo marking online stuff...). I may get 2/6 for that. I can't think of any more lost marks (I know there will be though). But I'll stay optimistic...(VERY optimistic) and say 71/75.
thepredator
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SsEe)
I've also checked the expansion question. I got (1/2)x² + (1/4)x³ and the computer agrees so that's good. I'm really annoyed about messing up the area of R question as I knew exactly how to do it. I think it was 6 marks and they should be able to work out what I intended from my diagram (unless they do that poo marking online stuff...). I may get 2/6 for that. I can't think of any more lost marks (I know there will be though). But I'll stay optimistic...(VERY optimistic) and say 71/75.
I think the area Q was 9 marks.
david cool
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wat did ppl get for the binomal throem thing the first and second part
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SsEe)
In what way did you mess that up? What was the answer and waht did you get?
I did INT y dt.dx/dt.
between 0 and 2 i think
and then added on the triangle
DaKe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
remind me of the question again.....
Mussycat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i want to cry... i had nnnooooooo i dea what to write ofr the vector question part b, c and d... 11 marks lost there alone... retakes here i come!!!
SsEe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
In what way did you mess that up? What was the answer and waht did you get?
I did INT y dt.dx/dt.
between 0 and 2 i think
and then added on the triangle
That doesn't work. I foolishly wrote Int y dx instead of Int x dy. I knew what I had to do but I just wrote the wrong thing down for some reason.
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by david cool)
wat did ppl get for the binomal throem thing the first and second part
1/2 x^2 - 3/8 x^3 though i can't really remember exactly what it was and for the answer i said that within the limite 1/2x^2 was always greater that x^3 therefore x=0 was the minimum
DaKe
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i differentiated that one and then equaled it to 0, then did the usual stuff and proved that at the origin it was a minimum....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1129)
79.01%
Leave (300)
20.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed