Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
The mother of my brother-in-law disowned her son before her second son married my sister. To my knowledge, she disowned her first child because he was homosexual, resulting in the split of their family. I have spent a few years researching their family, and have contact details for the secret brother of my brother-in-law. They have not had contact in many years. My question is should I contact the gay brother, and tell him the address of my sister and his brother?
lk2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yes! sorry some of the relations confused me but from what i can gather yes. i think if possible u could maybe bring this up to his brother and ur sister first as not to upset anyone but do not involve their mother at this moment in time. i believe because there was no conflict between the brothers they deserve another chance at being brothers and hopefully friends, also if this works out you will be like a mini superhero lol hope all goes well! also if this helped you can message me if u need more, always here
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
contact, sure, stick your finger in the pie by giving them an address, absolutely not

this wasn't your family drama and even if the aggression appears unidirectional, you have no reason to know it was that way. for all you know, bad things occurred between all of them and your brother in law does not want to be contacted
Del_Boy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The mother of my brother-in-law disowned her son before her second son married my sister. To my knowledge, she disowned her first child because he was homosexual, resulting in the split of their family. I have spent a few years researching their family, and have contact details for the secret brother of my brother-in-law. They have not had contact in many years. My question is should I contact the gay brother, and tell him the address of my sister and his brother?
You should not involve yourself in the business of others. As you said it is the brother of your brother-in-law, so it is none of your business. I think it is wrong to disown your own gay chkd, but essentially it is nothing to do with you.
lk2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hi again. although these people are right (its not really your business) sometimes interferring can be useful. i understand where you are all coming from but if this person does nothing i dont think there will ever be contact between the family and the family has only been split up by a homophobic mother, the brothers were forcefully split and would most likely love to see eachother but as i said DEFINITELY speak to your sister and his brother first just to see where everyone stands before creating a problem from a settled situation
SomeSortaKid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. I am a gay 14-year-old who almost two years ago was completely disowned by my father because of my sexuality and now have to live with one of my older brothers. As a victim of a homophobic parent, I can tell you that from experience all I wanted to do was be accepted, I still do, but some people don't change. The more I thought about it, the more I thought it was my fault. I assume, although everyone has a different circumstance, that the homosexual brother would be scared to see or meet them again. But sometimes families change and it could be a good idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (186)
43.46%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.45%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (90)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (45)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed