Questions For Law students or people working in the field of law?

Watch
User__1111111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi.
I am a sixth form student currently doing an EPQ project on the inequalities of our justice system. Could you please answer the following questions that I will include in my project?

1. Do you think the criminal justice system is just in the way it convicts people? If not, what is the greatest inequality in your experience? (race, gender...)
2. What do you think can be done to solve this inequality?
3. Can you name any case studies that you feel are very unjust in the way the individual was prosecuted?
4. Any more comments you would like to add?

Thank you so much. It will be of great help for me if you could answer at least one or two of them.
Last edited by User__1111111; 4 months ago
Johnny ~
Badges: 15
Report 4 months ago
Sounds like you want people to do your work for you. There's a lot of research you can do into these topics on your own. I don't see why a practitioner's insight would be needed for any of them except perhaps the first one (though again there's a lot of material online).
User__1111111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Johnny ~)
Sounds like you want people to do your work for you. There's a lot of research you can do into these topics on your own. I don't see why a practitioner's insight would be needed for any of them except perhaps the first one (though again there's a lot of material online).
Hi Johnny.
No, that is not the case. It is to include statements of other people's opinions. Of course I did my research but I am sure that there are different viewpoints that I might not be able to find online and that takes experience to come across. I will of course reference this page too.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
have you checked with your teacher that random people's opinions on TSR can be used in your epq? just seems like a strange thing to be allowed since personal opinion is an unreliable resource.

maybe you could create a thread in Study Surveys if it is tho :dontknow:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=319

however this question needs re-wording:

'1. Do you think the criminal justice system is just in the way it convicts people? If not, what is the greatest inequality in your experience? (race, gender...)'

what do you mean 'in the way it convicts people'? you mean by adversarial courtrooms instead of fact-finding or what are you referring to? also how have you then come to the conclusion that if there is a problem it must be due to inequality based on a protected characteristic? it's evident you've assumed this, because otherwise you have no thesis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (44)
28.03%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.92%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.05%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.01%

Watched Threads