The Student Room Group

Meghan & Harry Interview

Lmao did you guys watch the interview as well 😂

Scroll to see replies

:cookie:
Meghan really did spill the tea didn't she? like i knew it was a toxic environment there but jheeeeze they treated her so badly:frown:

Oprah's reactions bang on tho:biggrin:

One thing that i noticed though was how little Harry said during the whole thing.... like he didnt say much.... like surely you'd have more to say?
They want privacy but choose to do an interview broadcasted to millions around the world.

Their wedding should have been lowkey - all of those millions of taxes wasted on their wedding.

Both are hypocrites too, talking about the environment when they have private jets.
Original post by CleverSquirrel
One thing that i noticed though was how little Harry said during the whole thing.... like he didnt say much.... like surely you'd have more to say?

He wasn't really the one being interviewed. They put out beforehand he was only going to be involved in a small portion of the segments.
Original post by StriderHort
He wasn't really the one being interviewed. They put out beforehand he was only going to be involved in a small portion of the segments.

That is true!

what did you think of it all?
I didn't watch the interview because I slept :colondollar:

Spoiler

Highly unlikely but I wish she could finish off Suits now that shes broken free :colondollar:
Original post by CleverSquirrel
That is true!

what did you think of it all?

I didn't watch it in full tbh. It's all a bit tabloidy and tacky for my liking. The R Fam containing racists, bigots and generally bad people has always been beyond dispute imo.

(Although I am seeing all the 'what have they done!!' media leads playing down the fact that the Palace/Family launched a pretty nasty set of attacks even before the interview aired...)
(edited 3 years ago)
Meghan is more of a queen than the queen will ever be. She spoke her truth, she will not be silenced. racists can get corona for all I care tbh
Original post by Moonlight rain
Meghan is more of a queen than the queen will ever be. She spoke her truth, she will not be silenced. racists can get corona for all I care tbh

Strange that 'truth' needed a qualifier there :tongue:
Original post by StriderHort
Strange that 'truth' needed a qualifier there :tongue:

what’s a qualifier ?

More of a queen than the queen? Don't be slating the queen for no reason man :frown:
The Queen's literally been representing and serving the country since 1952. No doubt there are racists within the R Family though but even Harry clarifies it was neither the Queen nor the Prince Phillip

Who said the Queen was racist?

And we only know her side of the storyZ
Original post by alexr19i8
More of a queen than the queen? Don't be slating the queen for no reason man :frown:
The Queen's literally been representing and serving the country since 1952. No doubt there are racists within the R Family though but even Harry clarifies it was neither the Queen nor the Prince Phillip

No reason? she didn’t support Meghan when she was being racially abused when she has all the power in the world to do so. She doesn’t care so yes I do have a reason. People need to stop defending her, she’s old as hell and should be held accountable.
Original post by Driving_Mad
Who said the Queen was racist?

And we only know her side of the storyZ

Meghan and Harry have no reason to lie.
the queen is racist for sure
Meghan and Harry have no reason to lie.
the queen is racist for sure

They said it wasn’t the Queen who made the racist comment.

I’m not doubting that there are racist people in the royal family, but you’re making allegations like that for no reason.

There’s no need for that.
(Original post by Moonlight rain)

what’s a qualifier ?

It's a word added before another word to add emphasis, or modify it's 'quality' (very, really, almost, ect)...(to my admittedly limited understanding)

I'm arguably not using it 100% correctly here, but I'm referencing that the phrase 'Her truth' is in itself odd, is it distinct from 'The truth'? In the same way the word 'Alternative' added before 'Facts' changes it's meaning substantially.
(edited 3 years ago)
No reason? she didn’t support Meghan when she was being racially abused when she has all the power in the world to do so. She doesn’t care so yes I do have a reason. People need to stop defending her, she’s old as hell and should be held accountable.

She's supposed to tell the tabloids to shut up? How is someone in the queen's position and reputation expected to reach low levels of addressing the tabloids. I'm not saying the queens a super perfect human being, the lack of security offered to Meghan etc is definitely a bad gesture, I'm just disagreeing with your statement about Meghan being more of a queen than Queen Elizabeth. Her being old as hell has nothing to do with anything lmao bro come on
Original post by QueenKagami
Lmao did you guys watch the interview as well 😂

segments of it.

I must admit, I'm getting a bit sick of hearing about it :lol: I think it's a two-sided story that is riddled with corruption and lies. I don't think the interview (as much as I love and admire Oprah) should've been done by an American interviewer, and I think there should be some kind of proper statement given from the royals, not just a press statement. :yep:

I feel deeply sorry for Meghan as I don't particularly like the royals anyways and it sounds an incredibly toxic environment, however I wasn't the biggest fan of her when she joined the royal family and I want to hear more from the people who claimed to be bullied by her to get a two-sided view.

Original post by Driving_Mad
Both are hypocrites too, talking about the environment when they have private jets.

true - same as most celebrities though, no? :smile:

Original post by HumbleBee_x
Highly unlikely but I wish she could finish off Suits now that shes broken free :colondollar:

Absolutely. Even if they just edited her in for the phone calls where 'Donna phoned Rachel' :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest