how many do you lose for misisng out the minus? lol
Hash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by r2they)
Oh I didnt see that,

how many marks do you think I will lose?
Just the 1

I made a similar mistake for k. I put (plus/minus) 6, when the question mentioned k was a positive integer. Hopefully I'll only lose one mark for that too.
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by r2they)
Oh I didnt see that,

how many marks do you think I will lose?
I've looked at past mark schemes and sometimes the answer is only the positive answer so I don't think they'll penalise you for that.
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ATTENTION- page 8 of the C1 book shows a similar question and there no plus/minus!!!!

25^-3/2

= 1/25^3/2
=1/(root25)^3
=1/125
joesharp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by faa)
ATTENTION- page 8 of the C1 book shows a similar question and there no plus/minus!!!!

25^-3/2

= 1/25^3/2
=1/(root25)^3
=1/125
You must have the old version that had all the mistakes in it. I have the new one, and it's plus/minus.

edit: I've just looked at the Heinemann exam style paper for C1 (which I did just before the exam). Question 1 on this is quite similar to the first question of the actual exam and no plus/minus answers are given. Will be interesting to see what the actual answer given is.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think I did well. Managed to mess up the triangle question. Don't know if I recovered it well.

Hmm, just hope I get a good mark so I won't have to take it again in the summer.
Syncman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmmm 81 / 7. that sounds similar to a P1 question. Was it a triangle question? finding the equation perpendicular to AC or somin like that. and then working out where line crossed AB?
smallthoms
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did C1 WJEC today. When I finished my first thoughts were that it was really difficult but I think it was the time limit rather than the actual questions which tripped me up. I am SO mad about the last question (rushing to finish, I gave 24 div by 4 = 4. Ouch)
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Syncman)
hmmm 81 / 7. that sounds similar to a P1 question. Was it a triangle question? finding the equation perpendicular to AC or somin like that. and then working out where line crossed AB?
Yep. Why:
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by faa)
16^-3/2=
1/16^3/2=
1/(root16)^3=
1/(4)^3
1/(64)

plus or minus is not in the answer, just 1/64
update-
sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how many do you lose for misisng out the minus? lol
phew I think I wrote that
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
I think I did well. Managed to mess up the triangle question. Don't know if I recovered it well.

Hmm, just hope I get a good mark so I won't have to take it again in the summer.
I wish you the best man, you deserve it!! your much better then me! I got stuck on the completing the square question....

Oh and btw I have heard that they mark things that you cross out.
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DOJO)
phew I think I wrote that
actually no I am a wally I wrote 3/4 cos of ^-3/4 arghhhh!
Slice'N'Dice
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DOJO)
I wish you the best man, you deserve it!! your much better then me! I got stuck on the completing the square question....

Oh and btw I have heard that they mark things that you cross out.
Hey :hello: , how did you find it?

I'm sure you did fine.

I loved the first question.
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey :hello: , how did you find it?

I'm sure you did fine.

I loved the first question.

I think I did well, I wish I had time to check over my answers. I loved the first question too , was darft on 1 b, buy doing 3/4 when it should be 1/64 ,half did that one!

Other then that , it was all good , I ran out of time so I had to skip the last question and curve sketching 6 b! I cant believe we have C2 next week! Its not that long away. it should be 2 weeks from now C2 so I can revise much more throughly.
Slice'N'Dice
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DOJO)
I think I did well, I wish I had time to check over my answers. I loved the first question too , was darft on 1 b, buy doing 3/4 when it should be 1/64 ,half did that one!

Other then that , it was all good , I ran out of time so I had to skip the last question and curve sketching 6 b! I cant believe we have C2 next week! Its not that long away. it should be 2 weeks from now C2 so I can revise much more throughly.
I'm not looking forward to C2 at all! It's going to be tough for me!

So many things to do, yet so little time. :cool:
Flaze
Report 14 years ago
i failed it xD well, it wasnt that bad... just the graph questions got me really dead...
Slice'N'Dice
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Flaze)
i failed it xD well, it wasnt that bad... just the graph questions got me really dead...
Yeah, was a little tricky that Q.

I'm sure you have done well.
Flaze
Report 14 years ago
hehe, you know you get this... good feeling after you gone through a good exam right? well i didnt get that... so felt really depressed :/ after revising for like 2 weeks straight guess im just born stupid lool
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Flaze)
hehe, you know you get this... good feeling after you gone through a good exam right? well i didnt get that... so felt really depressed :/ after revising for like 2 weeks straight guess im just born stupid lool
Mate, believe in yourself. I am sure you did fine, I failed 2 years ago - P1. My teachers were ****, the green Edecel P1 text book was **** too.

Practice those Soloman papers , they are absoulutely amazing, also if you have any problems and your teachers were idiots like mine were 2 years ago by patronising students , ask for help on TSR. It is absolutely essential that you get your foundations rock solid, that was the biggest mistake I made 2 years back , and have come to realise that is the key to success.

Anyway, don't worry too much there is always june and by then we should all be much more better at algebra then we are now.
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, was a little tricky that Q.

I'm sure you have done well.
The curve sketching question was a bit funny, for 6a (the reflection one) i had literally 60 seconds to do that question in - it was a joke. I literally drew a sketch, i didnt plot any co-ordinates or anything just drew the graph roughly ont eh graph paper so that it is reflecting and then made P (-3,0) (thats the only co-ordinate i managed to write down in time) and in big bold capitol letters wrote F-(x) = REFLECTION . I hope the examinaer does not penalise me for drawing such a **** graph.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (107)
79.26%
Leave (28)
20.74%

Watched Threads