What did you think of the Megan interview?

Watch
Ivyreign
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I honestly didn’t know what to make of it. All the stuff she said was just awful what she has experienced but then again she is an actress so I just do not know.

I’d pay big money to see the royal family sit down and watch that goggle box style aha
Lianne_Sinclair
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ivyreign)
I honestly didn’t know what to make of it. All the stuff she said was just awful what she has experienced but then again she is an actress so I just do not know.

I’d pay big money to see the royal family sit down and watch that goggle box style aha
I think there may be some truth in what she was saying, most people these days are affected by mental health problems so it's not like it's something unknown or strange. I am the same as you, I just don't know whether to believe it or not. As you say, she's an actress, but her experience of transitioning into the royal family was not as smooth as Kate's experience. I do think the royal family and media could have treated her a lot better
SetethFlayn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same boat, pretty much. I don't think it's cut-and-dry- I'm sure at least some of what Megan said must have been true, and it's sad to hear she's been suffering. But on the other hand, I think there was a culture clash at play- I mean looking at it, you have a Hollywood-style American actress entering the stuffy, British institution that is the monarchy- an entirely different form of celebrity, with its own protocol and traditions. That was bound to cause difficulties. As for the press- they are...well, I won't swear here. But they generally love tearing people down. Idk, I wish them all the best, but the idea of airing such things on TV is complicated because there's the institution, which yes you should be able to critique, but then there's the actual family, and the latter must be crushed to have personal issues spoken about in front of millions.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't watch it, give me a summary.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She put forth a series of opinions, falsehoods and some interesting insights. Alas, her opinion on what others intentions are is not truth though. Rod Liddles comments on it were pretty apt to be honest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (169)
4.86%
Uncertainty around my education (509)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (388)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (483)
13.9%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (169)
4.86%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (211)
6.07%
Loneliness (296)
8.52%
Financial worries (126)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (138)
3.97%
Exposure to negative news/social media (158)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (193)
5.55%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (312)
8.98%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (324)
9.32%

Watched Threads