The Student Room Group

lockdown relationship stress

Poll

lockdown relationship stress

Anyone else feeling their relationship struggling in lockdown?
Original post by Melonisahobbit
Anyone else feeling their relationship struggling in lockdown?

Yeah lockdown made me realise how I wasn't suited with my boyfriend. He was interested in a more physical relationship, whereas I just wanted a best friend, someone to go on trips with, watch the stars, bake with etc...
I did want a physical relationship too, don't get me wrong, but I didn't feel that connection. We had grown apart at the start of lockdown and I tried to keep things going just to not hurt him, but ended up hurting myself further. I ended up breaking up with him as I just couldn't do it anymore. I wasn't able to see him at all, and he was meant to be going to college in the September. Definitely feel much better, the stress lifted as soon as I had made my mind up.
Original post by Lianne_Sinclair
Yeah lockdown made me realise how I wasn't suited with my boyfriend. He was interested in a more physical relationship, whereas I just wanted a best friend, someone to go on trips with, watch the stars, bake with etc...
I did want a physical relationship too, don't get me wrong, but I didn't feel that connection. We had grown apart at the start of lockdown and I tried to keep things going just to not hurt him, but ended up hurting myself further. I ended up breaking up with him as I just couldn't do it anymore. I wasn't able to see him at all, and he was meant to be going to college in the September. Definitely feel much better, the stress lifted as soon as I had made my mind up.

I'm so sorry :frown: that must suck
Original post by Lianne_Sinclair

Just wanted to comment on some of the statements made.

Best friends? Going to trips? Watching the stars??!! Really?!

If you want to go to trips then you should ask your girl-friends. Female friends are the best for holidays and trips to whether you are planning to go.

Want to watch the stars? There are some very good telescopes that don't cost that much. Many develop a passion for amateur astronomy afterwards. It is amazing to look at the stars. I don't think boyfriends necessarily want to do that. Unless your next one is studying astrophysics and would like to explore a few more things with you.

Best friends? Mutually exclusive with boyfriend thing. Proper men don't have female friends usually...
Original post by Melonisahobbit
I'm so sorry :frown: that must suck

Its okay, I met him for the first time yesterday and felt nothing. Was so surprised as I missed him a bit, guess I have moved on.

Quick Reply

Latest