The Student Room Group

I haven’t got a job yet

Should I be concerned I’ve secured nothing yet
It's only March! Do you know a lot of people who have gotten jobs? I don't personally know anyone yet and there are 100+ people on my course.
Original post by paperclip90

No, there's still time.

There's lots going on right now, so I imagine that some schools are putting off recruiting because they're just so busy welcoming students back after lockdown and sorting all the testing. This is also a weird year for the teaching job market in general. Just keep applying. If you're getting rejected a lot pre-interview then talk to somebody about your application. If you're getting interviews, ask for feedback afterwards if you don't get the job.
Original post by amberrose13
It's only March! Do you know a lot of people who have gotten jobs? I don't personally know anyone yet and there are 100+ people on my course.

Yes all my study group do😞what’s worse the trainee who hasn’t even started at this placement has been offered a job. I’ve been here 3 months and nothing. Not that I want to work here but still.
Yes all my study group do😞what’s worse the trainee who hasn’t even started at this placement has been offered a job. I’ve been here 3 months and nothing. Not that I want to work here but still.

Ah, that must be tough when you're in a group with people like that. Just know that's not the majority, at all, and they've been very lucky! And, honestly, there's still a good four months left of the school year and sometimes schools need to recruit during the summer holidays as well for various reasons, so don't get too down about it.

Just make sure your application is up to scratch if you're not getting interviews yet- get someone to have a look over it. I'm not sure if anyone does this at your uni, but I'm sending an application over to my personal tutor this week to have a look over before I apply for a position I really want, might be worth a punt.
Reply 5

Have you signed up to Tes jobs alerts? I've seen quite a few jobs in my area for my subject and you don't see that many jobs for my subject. How many jobs have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending