The Student Room Group

a level combinations

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noturhabibti
according to KCL, they have no preferred subjects but they do require:
At least one humanities or social science subject (excluding Modern Language) at A*AA
Humanities/social science subjects accepted to meet the subject requirement:
Classics
Creative Writing
English Language
English Literature
English Language and Literature
History
Philosophy
Religious Studies
Business Studies
Economics
Geography
Government and Politics
Politics
Law
Sociology
Psychology

The best ones i think out of them are English Lit, History (this is a facilitating subject), Politics/government and politics (this would fit in better with your subjects), Geography, Philosophy/religious Studies (so would this one)
recently, i contacted one of their staff members from the Business School department and asked her the same question and she said:
"As you would have noticed we ask for at least one humanities or social science subject. We've listed the accepted humanities/social science subjects in the entry requirements tab and Business Studies and Economics is are both listed. We have no rules on subject combinations or preferred subjects especially for this course. As long as you one or both of these courses, along with the required grades, you will certainly fulfill the subject requirements for International Management at King's."
although she sounds convincing, i feel like other students with more complicated subjects will have a better chance of getting in than me :/
Original post by something_orphic
The best ones i think out of them are English Lit, History (this is a facilitating subject), Politics/government and politics (this would fit in better with your subjects), Geography, Philosophy/religious Studies (so would this one)

should i replace sociology with RS?

I'd say sociology is 10x better than RS.

Its not considered soft. I did attend a lecture about why people should take religious studies for A level which almost made me take it. I would weigh it up. I dont think you should make any rash decisions and checking with the uni is a good idea.
Its not considered soft. I did attend a lecture about why people should take religious studies for A level which almost made me take it. I would weigh it up. I dont think you should make any rash decisions and checking with the uni is a good idea.

rightt
recently, i contacted one of their staff members from the Business School department and asked her the same question and she said:
"As you would have noticed we ask for at least one humanities or social science subject. We've listed the accepted humanities/social science subjects in the entry requirements tab and Business Studies and Economics is are both listed. We have no rules on subject combinations or preferred subjects especially for this course. As long as you one or both of these courses, along with the required grades, you will certainly fulfill the subject requirements for International Management at King's."
although she sounds convincing, i feel like other students with more complicated subjects will have a better chance of getting in than me :/
Yeah other students will be taking harder subjects if im going to be quite blunt which is kinda why im suggesting dropping sociology. Religious Studies is definitely a harder A level than sociology. The problem with sociology is because it is 'soft' a lot of students get the top grades: A*/A which kind of makes your grade less valuable. Plus such a huge amount of students take it that it won't make you stand out im sad to say. If you really do enjoy RS and can see yourself doing it for the next 2 years (look at the syllabus and past papers), then do consider switching. I would hate it if you were disadvantaged in any way.
Yeah other students will be taking harder subjects if im going to be quite blunt which is kinda why im suggesting dropping sociology. Religious Studies is definitely a harder A level than sociology. The problem with sociology is because it is 'soft' a lot of students get the top grades: A*/A which kind of makes your grade less valuable. Plus such a huge amount of students take it that it won't make you stand out im sad to say. If you really do enjoy RS and can see yourself doing it for the next 2 years (look at the syllabus and past papers), then do consider switching. I would hate it if you were disadvantaged in any way.

okayy, thank you so much for your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest