fkiraxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
if i did btec at gcse and a-level would i look dumb in taking it as btecs are easy and so our parents would not want us to take it at sixth form or gcse??

as i am a pakistani girl and i am scared that on gcse results day they will see I did btec at gcse and i am scared if they said what the hell you did btec? its soo easierr maynn idk??

what you think would parents hate it if you did btec or no as it tends to be easy and I am not sure if It is the same an an acctual gcse like for example gcse english literature......

I just think its dumb to take it as it sooo easy and so asian parents would not aprove of it soo.......i will get disowned but what do you guys think ???
Last edited by fkiraxo; 4 months ago
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
bump
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
username5598102
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am a pakistani boy and no there's nothing wrong with btecs. Some of my family members did it and if you enjoy it, don't worry about what others think. Surely your parents check what courses/subjects you do before you start them though?
Cryoraptor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
BTECs are not easier than A levels, it's an urban myth.
Buttmuffin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by fkiraxo)
if i did btec at gcse and a-level would i look dumb in taking it as btecs are easy and so our parents would not want us to take it at sixth form or gcse??

as i am a pakistani girl and i am scared that on gcse results day they will see I did btec at gcse and i am scared if they said what the hell you did btec? its soo easierr maynn idk??

what you think would parents hate it if you did btec or no as it tends to be easy and I am not sure if It is the same an an acctual gcse like for example gcse english literature......

I just think its dumb to take it as it sooo easy and so asian parents would not aprove of it soo.......i will get disowned but what do you guys think ???
you should talk to your parents about your GCSE/BTEC choices...
The Awk one
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do what gives u joy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
25.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
9.3%
No I am happy with my choice (25)
58.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
6.98%

Watched Threads