ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Welcome to the University of Sheffield A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Jingonator
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)

Welcome to the University of Sheffield A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Congratulations to everyone with offers!
purrsitivity
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi alll! Congrats to everyone with offers! I got an update on track at around half past 6 today but no email yet - anyone else the same?
lucygb
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by purrsitivity)
Hi alll! Congrats to everyone with offers! I got an update on track at around half past 6 today but no email yet - anyone else the same?
Yes! Just the letter on Track 😌
maple810
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by purrsitivity)
Congrats to you too! Yesterday I got my offer on track at 6.01 then an email from track at 6.11, then got an email from the uni early this morning
University of Sheffield Alumni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all of you who have just received offers! We're really looking forward to welcoming you in September If you have any questions about what it is like to study at Sheffield, do let us know! All of us who manage the alumni account are recent graduates of the university.

You can also talk to current medicine students via the Chat to Us platform, as well as learn more about the university at the weekly Sheffield Live information sessions (including a campus tour every week).

- Ben
Sheffield Graduate
BSc Molecular Biology, MSc Human and Molecular Genetics
Supremuh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone know when we get information about accommodation?
gradmedica
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all, A101 offer here! Well done everyone for getting offers. So excited for September!

I got my email from Sheffield first - think it’s because of something specific for A101, Track came later.
earthland
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got an offer yesterday and I'm trying to book accommodation. I have set up a MUSE account which I can log in to but if I try to log in via the "apply now" bit on the accommodation website it gives an error message. I haven't had an email about accommodation yet so maybe I need to wait for that.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?
_lfc_annie_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by earthland)
I got an offer yesterday and I'm trying to book accommodation. I have set up a MUSE account which I can log in to but if I try to log in via the "apply now" bit on the accommodation website it gives an error message. I haven't had an email about accommodation yet so maybe I need to wait for that.

I could be wrong but I don't think any of us have gotten accommodation emails yet? correct me if I'm wrong lol. Maybe ask in the sheffield general thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6651148 They might say the email came with an activate code or something like that
ng11
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by earthland)

I think I remember somewhere on the website it says to wait 1-2 days
earthland
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _lfc_annie_)
I could be wrong but I don't think any of us have gotten accommodation emails yet? correct me if I'm wrong lol. Maybe ask in the sheffield general thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6651148 They might say the email came with an activate code or something like that
(Original post by ng11)
I think I remember somewhere on the website it says to wait 1-2 days
ok thanks! Just checking that I’m not the only one who hasn’t been able to get on to it!
ng11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got my offer on track and assuming the an email with info will come but anyone who has got it yet did it mention any offer holder days
earthland
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ng11)
Got my offer on track and assuming the an email with info will come but anyone who has got it yet did it mention any offer holder days

congrats I had an email from the uni the next morning with terms and conditions of the offer and said they'd be in contact soon with info about an offer holder day but I haven't heard yet.
fayebay45
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got an offer today and I was wondering when we have to get the DBS check done and other health checks?
Noemi J
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fayebay45)
Got an offer today and I was wondering when we have to get the DBS check done and other health checks?
I don't know but I'm hoping they'll tell us in the big email coming in the next few days!
medicwannabe212
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey all well done for med offers!
silly mili
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya guys, I was wondering whether anyone could give me like a quick pros and cons list of Sheffield medical course and city from info they've found cuz i have to make a decision between Nottingham and Sheffield so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much and CONGRATULATIONS OF OFFERS!!
_lfc_annie_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by silly mili)
Hiya guys, I was wondering whether anyone could give me like a quick pros and cons list of Sheffield medical course and city from info they've found cuz i have to make a decision between Nottingham and Sheffield so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much and CONGRATULATIONS OF OFFERS!!
Some really quick points about sheffield from the top of my head that I remember from visiting last summer. I won't sort into pros and cons since its subjective. It's quite a hilly city so walking can be hard work but there's lots of transport with trams and buses. Lot's of restaurants, both chain and indie ones. City center is only a tram ride away so if you want some clothes or more niche stuff the city center will have what you need. There's a good variety between modern and old buildings. Doesn't feel to big or too small, has a nice middle ground if you aren't too keen in any direction. Lot's of societies with the student union and activities in the peak district. University area is close enough to the city center so you don't feel isolated but doesn't feel so close that you feel cramped
ng11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _lfc_annie_)
Some really quick points about sheffield from the top of my head that I remember from visiting last summer. I won't sort into pros and cons since its subjective. It's quite a hilly city so walking can be hard work but there's lots of transport with trams and buses. Lot's of restaurants, both chain and indie ones. City center is only a tram ride away so if you want some clothes or more niche stuff the city center will have what you need. There's a good variety between modern and old buildings. Doesn't feel to big or too small, has a nice middle ground if you aren't too keen in any direction. Lot's of societies with the student union and activities in the peak district. University area is close enough to the city center so you don't feel isolated but doesn't feel so close that you feel cramped
I visited too and it’s just a really nice vibe, as someone who comes from a very small area but on the edge of London (zone 6) it felt big enough but not overwhelming
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (3)
12.5%
Uncertainty around my education (2)
8.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (1)
4.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (3)
12.5%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (0)
0%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (3)
12.5%
Loneliness (2)
8.33%
Financial worries (0)
0%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (3)
12.5%
Exposure to negative news/social media (1)
4.17%
Lack of real life entertainment (0)
0%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (2)
8.33%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (4)
16.67%

Watched Threads