fkiraxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
how could i apply to university if i choose 2 btecs and 1 a-level ...lke i want to do business at university but i did 2 btecs at sixth form and so how could I apply as the entry requirements are like BBB for a-levels and like DDM for btecs but I only did 2 btecs and 1 a-levels and it does not make no sense? Is there a way I could still go to university If i did 2 btecs and 1 a-level or no??

It is soo confusing
Last edited by fkiraxo; 6 months ago
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
Last edited by fkiraxo; 6 months ago
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Mesopotamian. Hi Hope you can help, or point in the right direction
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂)
Mesopotamian. Hi Hope you can help, or point in the right direction
:ta:

OP, if you have a mix of qualifications which are not specified on the website, it’s best to email the admissions team for the university you’d like to apply to and ask them whether they’ll accept your combination.

Some universities operate a UCAS-based system and ask for a specific amount of UCAS points, so if you meet that criteria, you should be eligible.

Just tagging in mnot Admit-One PQ artful_lounger as they may have further advice.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by fkiraxo)
how could i apply to university if i choose 2 btecs and 1 a-level ...lke i want to do business at university but i did 2 btecs at sixth form and so how could I apply as the entry requirements are like BBB for a-levels and like DDM for btecs but I only did 2 btecs and 1 a-levels and it does not make no sense? Is there a way I could still go to university If i did 2 btecs and 1 a-level or no??

It is soo confusing
Its quite an awkward spot as its an unusual permutation, obviously they can’t list entry requirements online for every theoretical qualification combination.

But as above,
I would make a list of universities which accept both BTEC & A-levels & email all the admissions offices and ask if they will consider your qualifications and what type of of offer you might expect. Now id imagine they can’t guarantee anything until you apply on UCAS but this should give you an idea of whether an application is viable or not and prevent wasting application slots on quick rejections.
Last edited by mnot; 6 months ago
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Agree completely with mnot.

In reality, most uni’s will consider combinations of btecs and AL’s but they don’t list every possible combo as it’s impractical, (most applicants don’t know the full title of the btec that they’re taking anyway).

Contact the uni’s directly and gauge whether they are encouraging or discouraging of an application. They may tell you specifically what their offer would be, but bear in mind it’s not a guarantee of an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (2)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (2)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
16.67%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (4)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (2)
16.67%

Watched Threads