The Student Room Group

MATHS

i just did 5 maths papers and im so tired . HOW DO I GET AN 8 in maths or a 9 ive been doing maths papers since i came back from school and im just revising continuously i got an 8 in my maths mock but we're doing more in 2 weeks but ik imma mess it up probably and i want a 8/9 in maths :frown:

Scroll to see replies

help :colone:
okay aired pain :colonhash: ima sleep
Original post by ruqaiyahhhhh
okay aired pain :colonhash: ima sleep

im failing drastically at maths and im the worst in my class 😁
i just did 5 maths papers and im so tired . HOW DO I GET AN 8 in maths or a 9 ive been doing maths papers since i came back from school and im just revising continuously i got an 8 in my maths mock but we're doing more in 2 weeks but ik imma mess it up probably and i want a 8/9 in maths :frown:

Start by not frying your brain as soon as you get back from school. Do topic tests like on physicsandmathstutor to improve on what you're not good at and you'll be fine that's all I really did
i got an A* not a 9 by paying attention in class and doing past papers and prac questions only
Original post by green282
im failing drastically at maths and im the worst in my class 😁

do past papers trust me i was grade 4 and now im a grade 8 😁
Original post by Hosen410
Start by not frying your brain as soon as you get back from school. Do topic tests like on physicsandmathstutor to improve on what you're not good at and you'll be fine that's all I really did

thank you!

do the cgp workbook for a guaranteed 8/9
Original post by HoldThisL
i got an A* not a 9 by paying attention in class and doing past papers and prac questions only

ive been doing them but i got put in set 3 in year 10 and they wont move me up even tho im getting 8's and stuff? bc theres no space in the sets hope i get an 8 tho
Original post by DNARNAking
do the cgp workbook for a guaranteed 8/9

which one? i have a few for each subject..
ive been doing them but i got put in set 3 in year 10 and they wont move me up even tho im getting 8's and stuff? bc theres no space in the sets hope i get an 8 tho

whatever set you're in needn't impact your ability to get the work done. you're at every liberty to speak with the teacher and ask for work that's a challenge to do during normal lessons. i presume there's a large array of past papers across exam boards too

Try these: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=Full%20Coverage%20Revision%20Worksheets&term=GCSE
whatever set you're in needn't impact your ability to get the work done. you're at every liberty to speak with the teacher and ask for work that's a challenge to do during normal lessons. i presume there's a large array of past papers across exam boards too

apparently set 3 arent capable of getting above a 6 :frown: AND IVE BEEN GETTING 8's in tests???? ugh if i get a 6 ill cry
apparently set 3 arent capable of getting above a 6 :frown: AND IVE BEEN GETTING 8's in tests???? ugh if i get a 6 ill cry

yeah if you can't get your parents to force the department to bump you up a class or two, do the hard work thing
yeah if you can't get your parents to force the department to bump you up a class or two, do the hard work thing

my school just make excuses about space and lack of funding and whatnot :/ I have been doing extra work and exam papers, maths genie, hegarty maths, corbett literally EVERYTHING
my school just make excuses about space and lack of funding and whatnot :/ I have been doing extra work and exam papers, maths genie, hegarty maths, corbett literally EVERYTHING

then im sure you'll be fine
do past papers trust me i was grade 4 and now im a grade 8 😁

ahh alright will do 👍🏼👍🏾
which one? i have a few for each subject..

maths workbook it should be white. I completed it before my gcse's went from a 4 to a 9 in a month

Quick Reply

Latest