Science test pls help me!

Watch this thread
Diya_hem14
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Syeda, Paul and Harbinder are great friends but when it comes to gardening they try to outdo each other. Each has built a heated greenhouse in their garden. The local hotel offers a prize for the heaviest crop of strawberries from 6 plants of a certain variety. All three water their plants and heat their greenhouses to 150C. Syeda has put lights in her greenhouse. Paul constantly talks to his plants. Harbinder has lights and talks to her plants. They all have fertiliser that they can use if they wish. Who will win the prize? Describe in detail why you have chosen this person.
username5398004
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
150?!?!?! Woah... that's really hot!! :fan:
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Syeda, because the other two will be dead.
Diya_hem14
Rep:
THIS IS MY ANSWER. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Plants need water, light energy, air and nutrients for healthy growth. Few people use fertilizers to help plants grow bigger and faster. Fertilizers are chemicals that contain minerals that plants need to build new tissue, as plants do not need fertilizers to survive it is always an option for farmers. I think that Syeda is most likely to win the prize because plants absorb light energy for the growth of fruits/flowers. Light energy is transformed into chemical energy for photosynthesis. Plants use the energy to change water and carbon dioxide into glucose and oxygen. Paul will not win the prize as his strawberries will not receive light energy which will affect the growth of his plant. Harbinder has a likely chance of winning as she has provided her plants with light energy for them to grow.

In conclusion I think that Syeda will win as she has provided her plants light and also has fertilizers to help her strawberries grow quicker and healthier.
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Diya_hem14)
THIS IS MY ANSWER. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Plants need water, light energy, air and nutrients for healthy growth. Few people use fertilizers to help plants grow bigger and faster. Fertilizers are chemicals that contain minerals that plants need to build new tissue, as plants do not need fertilizers to survive it is always an option for farmers. I think that Syeda is most likely to win the prize because plants absorb light energy for the growth of fruits/flowers. Light energy is transformed into chemical energy for photosynthesis. Plants use the energy to change water and carbon dioxide into glucose and oxygen. Paul will not win the prize as his strawberries will not receive light energy which will affect the growth of his plant. Harbinder has a likely chance of winning as she has provided her plants with light energy for them to grow.

In conclusion I think that Syeda will win as she has provided her plants light and also has fertilizers to help her strawberries grow quicker and healthier.
I'd say that's a good attempt, but there's definitely a factor you're missing out here. There is absolutely no way of distinguishing between Syeda and Harbinder based on what you've explored in your answer. The key is the singing. Sound waves produce vibrations which can actually stimulate plant cells and have positive effects on things like the plasma and proteins. You'll need to research into this, as we're talking specifically sound waves produced by a human, but that's what would make Harbinder win.

Unless that 150c was not a mistake, in which case it's a trick question and no strawberries for you!
Diya_hem14
Rep:
(Original post by Kabzzzy)
I'd say that's a good attempt, but there's definitely a factor you're missing out here. There is absolutely no way of distinguishing between Syeda and Harbinder based on what you've explored in your answer. The key is the singing. Sound waves produce vibrations which can actually stimulate plant cells and have positive effects on things like the plasma and proteins. You'll need to research into this, as we're talking specifically sound waves produced by a human, but that's what would make Harbinder win.

Unless that 150c was not a mistake, in which case it's a trick question and no strawberries for you!
Thank you soo much for the help! And it wasn’t 150 degrees it was 15!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (68)
42.24%
They're exactly what I expected (36)
22.36%