The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

As a US citizen do I require an IELTS test? University of Hertfordshire

So I'm trying to figure out if I need to take the IELTS test or not, but two separate people from the international office from the University of Hertfordshire are telling me that as a US citizen I don't need to take the IELTS and can just have a 1-year degree or more or SAT score and the other is saying that I need an IELTS exam even though I was born in the US, so I'm confused! Will an associate in arts degree replace the IELTS or no? Is an IELTS score also required for the UK visa to study??
Reply 1
I don’t think u need to
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
If you're really having to ask such a stupid question..... then again it is the University of Hertfordshire.
Original post by Anonymous #1
So I'm trying to figure out if I need to take the IELTS test or not, but two separate people from the international office from the University of Hertfordshire are telling me that as a US citizen I don't need to take the IELTS and can just have a 1-year degree or more or SAT score and the other is saying that I need an IELTS exam even though I was born in the US, so I'm confused! Will an associate in arts degree replace the IELTS or no? Is an IELTS score also required for the UK visa to study??

Hello!

It sounds like you're navigating through some mixed messages, but let me clarify things for you. As a US citizen, you usually won't need to take the IELTS exam if English is your first language or if you've studied in an English-speaking country. Your 1-year degree or SAT scores should be enough. Your Associate in Arts degree might also demonstrate English proficiency.

You can find more information on the entry requirements for American students here. Best of luck with your studies!

Quick Reply

Latest