The Student Room Group

Enjoy Studying but....

Is there anyone who can relate to this?
I love what I study and I'm a good student in fact Rank Holder in the Uni.
But I just don't feel satisfied no matter how or how much I study. I kinda get a feeling that there's something missing.

Note: I'm not stressed, I'm cool and calm, relaxed but unsatisfied and yeah I enjoy life too. I have fun talking and chatting with others. My priorities are set but this unsatisfied thingy.
Looks like you have not met your match academically yet. Consider staying on for a PhD to really test your abilities.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
Looks like you have not met your match academically yet. Consider staying on for a PhD to really test your abilities.

I love what I study, like I know my goals clearly. I'm planning on getting 2 PhDs.
Anyways this is going on since school days.
Sometimes I don't study due to Procrastination and then I study at the last minute. When the results are out I've topped. with nearly 100%. I'm like seriously, then what was the purpose of attending classes the whole month.

Believe me this has nothing to do with my happiness and mental health. I'm cool, happy and having fun. Yeah that fear of the subject is present in a lil amount tho.
Hey!

I just thought I'd reach out as this is something really common - especially amongst my friends!

I find something that really makes them enjoy studying is when explaining to me what they'd learnt. I know it sounds daft, but sometimes explaining something to someone that knows nothing about the subject lights some sort of fire within you! Is there a friend that you can chat to every night about what you'd learnt that day? Maybe this, and them asking questions about what your studying will give you that sense of fulfilment that you're looking for. It certainly helped my friends - so you might want to think about:smile:

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep
Reply 4
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hey!

I just thought I'd reach out as this is something really common - especially amongst my friends!

I find something that really makes them enjoy studying is when explaining to me what they'd learnt. I know it sounds daft, but sometimes explaining something to someone that knows nothing about the subject lights some sort of fire within you! Is there a friend that you can chat to every night about what you'd learnt that day? Maybe this, and them asking questions about what your studying will give you that sense of fulfilment that you're looking for. It certainly helped my friends - so you might want to think about:smile:

University of Liverpool Rep

Oh hi there!
Nice to hear from an expert I guess...

I teach... a lottttt... I'm a good teacher.. lol but no that gave me kinda satisfaction that I've taught others something but when I resume studying.. that feeling is still there. I've taught, written articles... essays... work as a freelancer too.. freelancer for free actually.
Original post by Anonymous
Oh hi there!
Nice to hear from an expert I guess...

I teach... a lottttt... I'm a good teacher.. lol but no that gave me kinda satisfaction that I've taught others something but when I resume studying.. that feeling is still there. I've taught, written articles... essays... work as a freelancer too.. freelancer for free actually.

Hey!

Not sure if I'm qualified to be an expert haha, but just thought I'd offer you my suggestion.
It's great that you teach - but I apologise that my suggestion may not be as helpful as I thought :frown: Is there anyway that you can make your studies more exciting using colours / colour pens? Personally, I find that when I highlight / make pages look really pretty - I enjoy studying a lot more! I like making little memorable pneumonics or pictures just to jog my memory alongside the page - maybe this might be something to think about?

Tell me what you think! :smile:

Ana :h:
University of Liverpool Rep.
Reply 6
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hey!

Not sure if I'm qualified to be an expert haha, but just thought I'd offer you my suggestion.
It's great that you teach - but I apologise that my suggestion may not be as helpful as I thought :frown: Is there anyway that you can make your studies more exciting using colours / colour pens? Personally, I find that when I highlight / make pages look really pretty - I enjoy studying a lot more! I like making little memorable pneumonics or pictures just to jog my memory alongside the page - maybe this might be something to think about?

Tell me what you think! :smile:

Ana :h:

Nah, don't worry about that... It was very kind of you to try to help me. Well, Ana those are the things I do all the time. Like summarising each book I study. Colour pens.... Pneumomics
.. I find the book interesting when there's something new!

Do you feel uneasiness when you're writing the exam or the time before the exam no matter you've studied. You're confident and know that you're gonna ace but you are uneasy.

So, These are my thoughts...
Sorry if I'm driving you crazy.
Nah, don't worry about that... It was very kind of you to try to help me. Well, Ana those are the things I do all the time. Like summarising each book I study. Colour pens.... Pneumomics
.. I find the book interesting when there's something new!

Do you feel uneasiness when you're writing the exam or the time before the exam no matter you've studied. You're confident and know that you're gonna ace but you are uneasy.

So, These are my thoughts...
Sorry if I'm driving you crazy.

Don't be silly - you're definitely not driving me crazy!
I think the best thing to do is to just trial and error different techniques and hopefully one will stick!

Keep going :smile: I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

But I just don't feel satisfied no matter how or how much I study. I kinda get a feeling that there's something missing.

Note: I'm not stressed, I'm cool and calm, relaxed but unsatisfied and yeah I enjoy life too. I have fun talking and chatting with others. My priorities are set but this unsatisfied thingy.

Hiya!

I think at the moment this is totally normal, because life is not normal and we aren't able to do the same things as we used to to have fun and feel satisfied. It's a strange time at the moment, so it's okay to feel a little unbalanced!

What helped me was to try not to stick to a rigid routine every day as it gets unsatisfying and a little boring. I like to set little to do tasks as I find that satisfying to tick them off and stay focused, but to also plan to chill out and relax a little (I love sewing and baking so like doing this to switch off).

With my uni work I try not to overload on it and on the side do some extra research into topics that I'm interested in as then it feels like my degree is a little more real and relatable to a real life context!

It all takes time but you'll find things that work for you :smile:

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

imma sixth former but i feel ya
Original post by Hai teman
Exactlyyyyy

Hey Sam! Thanks a lottt... I've realised. I remember, When I do extra research on the subjects like after finishing the main portion I go digging into the subject more and more... I feel soooo different. Like there I feel I've accomplished something. Maybe the thing was, this semester.. I had to travel to my mom and dad after a long time and return... you know all that messed up my concentration and I just stuck with the books.
Thanks a lot!

Awww, that's so sweet!
I was just worried if my thoughts weren't making sense!

You both are great!!
I wanna know more about you but your accounts seem official. Are they?

Hey there! Welcome to future then!
Thanks for that because I never thought my concerns were gonna make sense!

Coming out of Anonymous here! :rolleyes:

yh its fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending