laksh07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi

I am planning to apply for M.Sc Finance. I would like to know more about the course, the opportunities in the university, scholarships/ career opportunities/placements and about the university in general.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by laksh07)
hi

I am planning to apply for M.Sc Finance. I would liktheree to know more about the course, the opportunities in the university, scholarships/ career opportunities/placements and about the university in general.
Hi there,

So there is a huge amount of information here on the course e.g. modules, entry requirements and more: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/po...-msc/overview/

I won't repeat too much that is on this page but I thought I would just highlight a couple of key points to address your question, so the course will give you grounding in modern finance and economics with a particular emphasis on techniques and models and their application to real-world problems. There is a focus both on academic skills as well as the 'softer' skills expected in employment e.g. communication, creative thinking etc. and the course is accredited by the CFA Insititute. The Business School has great links with a number of public and private organisation, and regularly has guest speakers as part of the course, as well as opportunities to be involved in event outside of your formal course e.g. Business Breakfasts.

The University is located in the city-center of the Liverpool, and it has a huge amount of facilities including 2 libraries, sports centre, the guild of students (with cafes/shops/bars) and many private and Univerisitez provided accommodation on-site.

Hopefully, this is helpful, but if you would like to know anything more specific then please let me know.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
laksh07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
Hi there,

So there is a huge amount of information here on the course e.g. modules, entry requirements and more: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/po...-msc/overview/

I won't repeat too much that is on this page but I thought I would just highlight a couple of key points to address your question, so the course will give you grounding in modern finance and economics with a particular emphasis on techniques and models and their application to real-world problems. There is a focus both on academic skills as well as the 'softer' skills expected in employment e.g. communication, creative thinking etc. and the course is accredited by the CFA Insititute. The Business School has great links with a number of public and private organisation, and regularly has guest speakers as part of the course, as well as opportunities to be involved in event outside of your formal course e.g. Business Breakfasts.

The University is located in the city-center of the Liverpool, and it has a huge amount of facilities including 2 libraries, sports centre, the guild of students (with cafes/shops/bars) and many private and Univerisitez provided accommodation on-site.

Hopefully, this is helpful, but if you would like to know anything more specific then please let me know.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Thank you for replying. I would also like to know about the placements like how many students get placed. As an International student I would also like to know about the cost of living, accommodation (campus accommodations or should I go for external accommodations), part time jobs available
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by laksh07)
Thank you for replying. I would also like to know about the placements like how many students get placed. As an International student I would also like to know about the cost of living, accommodation (campus accommodations or should I go for external accommodations), part time jobs available
Hi there,

I think the best thing for you to do would be to send an e-mail to [email protected] (as stated on the website Malachy posted ) and ask about how many students get placed on placements, as they'll be able to give you an accurate number!

In terms of cost of living, Liverpool is very affordable compared to the 'bigger' cities like London. As Liverpool is a student city, it's very affordable and there are always offers/deals around the city.

In terms of accomodation > https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/po...accommodation/ > I'd like to direct you to this website where it'll explain the possibilities of accommodation the University offers. The accomodation that the University recommends mainly for postgrad would be Philharmonic Court. But, like I said, take a quick look at that link and see if any catch your eye!

In terms of part time jobs, there are definitely a lot available! Like I said, Liverpool is a student city so there are many student jobs (e.g. retail, bar work, jobs within the Uni etc). There are many jobs available on campus which are advertised on the University's careers platform 'Handshake', which everyone has access to once you enrol. It's a great resource for students to have!

Hopefully that's helpful and has answered some of your questions

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads